IBD - Senior Cloud Engineer - VP
Company: Goldman Sachs
Posted on: June 12, 2021
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Investment Banking Division (IBD) works on some of the most
complex financial challenges and transactions in the market today.
Whether advising on a merger, providing financial solutions for an
acquisition, or structuring an initial public offering, we handle
projects that help clients at major milestones. We work with
corporations, pension funds, financial sponsors, and governments
and are team of strong analytical thinkers, who have a passion for
producing out-of-the-box ideas
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment
banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a
wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified
client base that includes corporations, financial institutions,
governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is
headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major
financial centers around the world
GOLDMAN SACHS ENGINEERING CULTURE
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make
things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital
with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering
problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build
massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency
infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats,
and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to
continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses,
transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed
Engineering is at the critical center of our business, and our
dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and
immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital
possibilities? Start here!
The Digital Platform team is a global team responsible for
engineering the next generation digital platform foundation for IBD
that consists of a set of well integrated public cloud platforms
and allows us to serve our clients better.
In this role you will be working in close partnership with the
digital product function as well as across the engineering
organization with the application teams building specific
Digital Platform Engineers are responsible for driving the API
integration architecture across all the functional spaces in IBD,
designing the zero trust implementations across multiple cloud
platforms both PaaS and SaaS, digitizing the client onboarding and
client servicing workflows into a coherent end user-experience, and
building a highly resilient and scalable platform that will allow a
quick time to market for new capabilities.
We are seeking highly collaborative, creative and intellectually
curious engineers who are passionate about forming and building on
top of the premier cloud platforms. Candidates should be
comfortable working in a fast-paced Agile environment and be able
to build and run a highly technical team of engineers.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Design, develop and manage services in public cloud
- Partner with colleagues from across technology and risk to
ensure an outstanding, useable, and unobtrusive experience for
development teams building and deploying their applications into
public cloud environments.
- Help to define, communicate and promote best practices for
public cloud application development across the department.
- Develop software and tooling to secure and automate cloud
infrastructure and software delivery capabilities.
- Design and operation of a Kubernetes environment for container
management and orchestration.
- Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Puppet
and other tools.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to fellow engineers.
- Minimum 6 years of experience working on cloud infrastructure
systems and automation.
- Strong technical ability, willingness to learn and evolve your
skills with advances in technology
- Knowledge and experience of software development lifecycle and
infrastructure-as-code tooling, such as CloudFormation, Terraform,
CDK or Kubernetes
- Proficiency in designing, developing, and testing software in
one or more of Python, Java, Groovy, or golang; open to using and
learning multiple languages
- Passionate about monitoring, observability, and sustainable
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the overall
product and the success of the business, not just the
infrastructure under your direct control.
- Ability to understand and effectively debug both new and
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing applications
in an Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft
Azure cloud environment.
- Ability to reason about performance, security, and process
interactions in complex distributed systems.
- Experience with version control, continuous integration,
deployment, and configuration management tools in a DevOps
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively, both
written and orally, as well as the interpersonal skills required to
collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology
- Ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate
requirements into technical solutions.
- Expertise with Linux, containers, system security and
automation with scripting languages
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and
ability to present, persuade and influence peers, vendors and
- Energetic, self-directed, and self-motivated, able to build and
sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders
in a fast paced, multi-directional work environment.
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to apply expertise to drive
complex, technical and highly commercial solutions.
- Experience supporting complex production application
- Experience with Kafka, MongoDB, Hadoop, Cassandra
- Experience with ETL pipelines
- Experience with AWS, Snowflake, Google, SalesForce
- Experience with security, isolation and multi-tenant design of
distributed cloud services
- Understanding of RESTful API design best practices and
experience in developing them
- Technical leadership experience of 2+ years
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to
help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to
grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking,
securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New
York, we maintain offices around the world. We believe who you are
makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and
advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond
by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of
opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our
training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to
benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness
programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at
GS.com/careers. We're committed to finding reasonable
accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities
during our recruiting process. Learn more:
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.Goldman
Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer
Keywords: Goldman Sachs, Dallas , IBD - Senior Cloud Engineer - VP, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!