Operations Support Technician/Driver
Company: Heritage Environmental Services, LLC
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Provide on-site operations of equipment, material handling, and
transportation of hazardous and non-hazardous waste and materials
in a safe and conscientious manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Ensures Health & Safety is the number one goal by following
policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Drives and operates commercial trucks as licensed to transport
hazardous and non-hazardous waste and materials.
- Loads supplies needed for job completion and travels to various
customer sites to perform material handling services and assist
with waste management program.
- Prepares for daily trip by inspecting vehicle and equipment,
fueling truck, and ensuring all equipment is in excellent
- Utilizes thorough knowledge of handling, storing and processing
procedures based on Customer's SOPs and Heritage's protocols.
- Completes necessary paperwork for shipment of hazardous and
non-hazardous waste and materials.
- Follows proper inspection, placarding, and load segregation
requirements when transporting hazardous materials.
- Maintains a log record of hours worked based on Heritage's
policy and DOT compliance.
- Assists customers on troubleshooting and correcting record
keeping inconsistencies and service concerns.
- Perform basic spill cleanup and housekeeping duties.
- Acts as company representative with courtesy towards
- Develop good client relationships by effectively communicating
Heritage believes that each employee makes a significant
contribution to our success. That contribution should not be
limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position
description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications
and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the company to just
the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will
offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure
the success of our endeavors.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Science
related course completion preferred.
Experience: Minimum CDL License Class B required. 3 years of
commercial driving experience preferred. Hazmat experience
Requirements: If credential not achieved, obtain CDL License
Class A with Hazmat Endorsement within 6 months of hire and
demonstrate skills necessary to operate applicable equipment.
Authority to operate Class A equipment will be granted by Heritage
Knowledge and Abilities: Ability to wear personal protective
equipment, including respirator. Ability to lift 50 pounds. Good
interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate with
internal and external contacts. Ability to understand RCRA, DOT,
and OSHA regulations. Regular and predictable attendance is an
essential function of this job. Must meet Heritage Driver
Qualifications. Ability to pass Motor Vehicle Record background
screen criteria to company standards.
A post offer drug screen will be required.
EEO including disability/veteran
Keywords: Heritage Environmental Services, LLC, Dallas , Operations Support Technician/Driver, Other , Alvarado, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!