Northwood Club is a premier country club established in 1946 and
located in Dallas, Texas, best known for hosting the 1952 U.S.
Open. We have one of the top PGA Championship Golf Courses in
Texas, it was named #1 Best Golf Course Renovation in Avid Golfer
Magazine in 2019. The club also has a Distinguished Clubs of the
World Emerald Designation for outstanding member service. Our staff
consists of a wide range of professionals who are well recognized
in areas of Tennis, Golf and Culinary. We are currently looking for
full and part time servers, applicants must be able to work
evenings and weekends.
Take food and beverage orders, serves guests food and beverage
items in a prompt, professional and courteous manner. Provides
exceptional dining experiences for every member and guest.
- Provides immediate attention to all guests upon seating.
- Describes and specials of the day to the guests. Answers
questions regarding any menu item and offers suggestions of menu
items when appropriate.
- Takes food and beverage orders from guests and delivers food to
guests promptly after preparation.
- Follow-up with guest to ensure satisfaction. Replenishes items
- Participates in pre-shift meetings and able to communicate
- Maintain organized workstation and side work duties.
- Maintian cleanliness of all areas of the dining room and expo
- Accountable for member charges. Utilizes Point of Sales
- Follows established systems for taking, placing, and delivering
- Follows established standards for greeting, cocktail service,
food delivery and general service techniques.
- Practices tray service for all food and beverage service.
- Properly use the POS system and post accurate billing.
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as
directed by the Department Manager.
- Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
- Attends monthly communication meetings.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to
three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
May be required: to read and comprehend simple instructions,
short correspondence, and memos; to write simple correspondence; to
effectively present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to customers, clients, and other associates of the
May be required: to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals; to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
May be required: to apply common sense understanding to carry
out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; to
deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
Frequently stands and walks; uses hands to finger, feel or
handle; reaches with arms and hands; stoops, kneels, crawls or
crouches; talks or hears. Occasionally sits; climbs or balances.
Frequently lifts up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifts up to 50
Regularly uses close, distance, color, and peripheral vision as
well as depth perception. Ability to adjust focus.
Occasionally works in outdoor weather conditions. Noise level is
Food Handler Certification and Alcohol Awareness Training.
Job Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Preferences
- Ability to read and speak English may be required in order to
perform the duties of the job (e.g. the associates may be required
to communicate with English speaking customers or co-workers, the
manuals for the equipment the associates may use are in
- Meets state age requirements for handling alcoholic
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of
all job functions that an associate in this position may be asked
to perform from time to time.