Company: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This position is responsible for the development,
implementation, and support of interfaces between Quest Diagnostic
applications and customer applications or Quest Lab Systems to
Quest Laboratory instruments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs and facilitates research and testing, provide overall
project leadership to ensure interfaces conform to the Quest HL7
- Responsible for multiple implementations or conversion
- Participates in information gathering for interface
- Educates and directly interacts with stakeholders to help them
understand the benefits and limitations of their specific
EMR/LIS-Interface during implementation.
- Provides direct interaction with client and client's
- Designs and oversees interface implementation project
- Responsible for providing project status updates.
- Will provide communications such as go-live notices, support
documentation and operational checklists to our internal
organization relative to any new or change to existing client
- Implementation of communication scripts and protocols to
include dialup, VPN and frame and web services.
- Provides 3rd tier support (as defined in the Support SOP) to
EMR/LIS-Interface related problems.
- Provides post implementation support
- Responsible for escalating implementation and support issues to
appropriate persons or groups for resolution.
- Coordinate user-group sessions with EMR/LIS-Interfaced clients
and internal staff to provide a forum for exchange of ideas to
improve the overall delivery of our services.
- Meets productivity requirements for this position
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related technical
field is preferred
- Required 2-5 years of experience in medical lab operations and
IT functions, including direct involvement in clinical interface
- Exposure to clinical healthcare environment.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Perform job duties with frequent interruptions or
- Adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate.
- Ability to interact professionally with colleagues and/or
customers for different purposes in different contexts.
- Maintain composure under pressure
- Performs a variety of duties, often changing from one task to
- Ability to comprehend and follow verbal or written
- Using effective verbal communication
- Using effective written communication
- Concentrate on tasks
- Ability to making decisions
- Examine/observe details
- Ability to manage projects with little or no supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities,
and complete tasks on time within a fast paced environment
- Must be resourceful, self-motivated, and quick learner of
highly technical systems
- General knowledge and understanding of operating systems,
databases, application development tools, and data processing
- Experience using Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project a
- Ability to understand HL7 standards is helpful
- Experience with XML and SQL is required
- Experience with SoapUI is highly preferred
- Experience with Web Services is highly preferred
- Experience with SFTP is preferred
- Familiarity with a commercial Integration Engine Product (i.e.
Cloverleaf) a plus.
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities
in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our
service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work
with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to
reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest
Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities /
Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity or
Keywords: Quest Diagnostics Incorporated, Dallas , Interface Specialist, Other , Addison, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!