Market Research Analyst (SumTotal)
At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe
every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold,
sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to
democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
We are currently seeking Market Research Analysts to join the
Skillsoft's SumTotal Strategic Business Unit.
Our Market Research Analysts are one-part data geek and one-part
strategist. They instinctively know how to make data more palatable
to non-data geeks to help facilitate decision-making. This role is
critical to our ability to understand consumer buying patterns and
how we can increase awareness of the SumTotal business within key
If you enjoy rewarding challenges, researching, and coming up
with effective solutions, you will fit in excellently as a Market
Research Analyst. In this position, you will be charged with
monitoring, analyzing, and improving our business's strategies and
competitiveness. You will spend your days surveying information,
creating market and client reports, sales value-based tools, and
summarize data to gain key vertical insights from customers,
analysts, prospects, market researchers, etc. focusing on key
customer needs and preferences, as well as market shifts and
dynamics. You will develop comprehensive efforts that will help us
evaluate the market needs as well as gain deeper understanding /
expertise into our key market verticals - what key insights can
impact our consultative selling approach with our prospects and
You will also research and gain better understanding of our
competitive advantage based on analysis of our market landscape.
How are our competitors positioning themselves in each of our key
priority verticals and make recommendations based on your findings
that will inform our greater teams (Product, Sales, and
Market Research & Sizing:
- Gather external-facing market intel and internal-facing intel
to gain a greater view and expertise in key markets.
- Perform market opportunity analysis [what's happening in the
market today, shifts, how should we position ourselves].
- Distribute key insights to Sales and Marketing; building a
bridge between both function in respect of market positioning.
- Distribute key insights to Leadership and cross functional
- Train external tele-marketing teams on key verticals and
participate in sales' ongoing enablement.
- Track and monitor updates in key verticals and analyze high
Competitive Intel & Competitive Landscape Against Vertical
- Identify and track key competitors and competitive
- Create a competitive analysis.
- Aggregate product intel & sales and product feedback.
- Own the internal communication channels on the Vertical
Customer Markets (VCM).
Sales Tools & Content
- Develop reports, industry news, competitor news, vertical
PowerPoint deck, cheat sheets, reference material, content (blogs
- Identify key content for verticalization.
- Develop content themes and core concepts & partner with
marketing and sales enablement for content creation.
- Post to relevant Linkedin groups and forums as well as monitor
social / web
- In collaboration with sales leadership to build targeted call
lists for tele-agencies based on vertical strategy and go-to-market
- Meet weekly with tele-agencies to maintain alignment, ensure
focus, and visibility into successes/failures.
- Continuously train and deliver enablement for the
- Liaise/partner with Marketing to activate ABM campaigns.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of experience in research or strategy.
- Proven experience tracking analytics and exceeding KPIs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities at once.
- Ability to perform well in a cross-functional, dynamic, and
ambiguous startup environment.
- Highly goal driven and work well in fast paced
- Strong analytical skills and are comfortable dealing with
- Ability in building relationships and liaising with multiple
stakeholders and thrive in matrix environments.
- Competitive, "Can-Do" Attitude - You identify opportunities and
roll up your sleeves to make them happen; you are not afraid of
getting your hands dirty.
- Creative and Resourceful - You think on your feet, try new
approaches, and bounce back when things do not go your way; you
have got the perseverance without the ego.
- Confident Communicator - You influence others with your
outstanding communication skills and are confident pitching to
anybody in any situation.
- Analytical Storyteller - You can gather relevant data from
multiple sources and translate it into insightful stories and
- Forward-thinker who can see the small details, the big picture,
how things are now, and where we can go from here.
- Data-driven numbers person who understands the importance of
data and knows how to collect and analyze data, as well as to glean
and implement insights.
- Fast learner who is highly motivated to work efficiently and
- Startup experience and/or entrepreneurial mindset.
- Bachelor's Degree required - MBA Preferred
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent
solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging
immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to
unlock the potential in their best assets - their people - and
build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36
million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning
through an intelligent learning experience and a customized,
learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for
Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development,
Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading
global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The
company features three award-winning systems that support learning,
performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio
intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite
for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the
entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have
built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept
unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted
by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring
manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency
Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be
deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the
candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or
through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer:
It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal
employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard
to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical),
protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class
protected by law.