Long Haul Truck Driver
Company: Dart Container of Michigan
Posted on: June 12, 2021
- Follow and commit to meet Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
for safety, quality, production, efficiency, and service
- Follow practices and processes intended to provide safe
products that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet
the company quality standards
- Operate a tractor with trailer inter/intrastate to pick up
and/or deliver merchandise.
- Drive diesel or gas tractor in accordance with commercial
driving regulations of State Department of Transportation (DOT), US
DOT, and the Interstate Commerce Commission (ICC).
- Couple, uncouple, connect airlines, etc. and maneuver equipment
in difficult situations such as narrow passageways and within urban
- Conduct visual inspections of tractor and trailer to complete
pre/post trip inspections and perform preventative maintenance
checks and services of truck and trailer. Report any malfunctions
to supervisor and maintenance staff.
- Operate Electronic Log Device (ELD), ELD software, and maintain
records per local, state, and federal regulations, DOT's and ICC's
laws as necessary.
- Ensure possession of all appropriate documentation, including
registration and vehicle inspection reports.
- Submit to random drug test as prescribed by DOT
- Unload delivered merchandise at retail locations per bills of
lading either manually by hand, or using a fork truck, two-wheeler
or other powered industrial truck (PIT).
- Re-position merchandise not unloaded to ensure against
- May assist in loading or unloading vendor merchandise. May use
hand dolly, hand jack, or rollers when moving merchandise to or
- 21 years of age minimum
- Minimum of two (2) years over the road tractor-trailer
- Valid Class A CDL (Commercial Driver License) and favorable
driving record upon hiring and ability to maintain throughout
duration of employment
- Physically qualified under US DOT regulations (part 391)
- Ability to meet and maintain local, state, and federal
regulations, DOT's and ICC's laws as required
- Ability to observe, follow, understand, and evaluate processes
demonstrated and other workplace procedures
- Ability to meet safety, quality and service standards
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstration of minimum proficiency with the English language
in order to ensure effective new hire training and on-going
communications about safety and quality issues
Preferred Core Skills
- Three (3) months of fork or squeeze truck experience
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart and Solo brand products,
Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage
packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations
worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in
restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great
benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)
with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays,
short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833)
472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all candidates for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access
this website or for the application process, you should call Dart
at (833) 472-3278 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls
can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.
Keywords: Dart Container of Michigan, Dallas , Long Haul Truck Driver, Other , Waxahachie, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!