Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Uptown is a new state of
the art surgical hospital in the Dallas' Uptown area. Specialties
and services will include Orthopedic, Spine, Pain Management,
General Plastic, and Ear, Nose and Throat surgery. Our mission is
to provide first-class services for the local community in a safe,
comfortable, and welcoming environment; one in which we would be
happy to treat our own families.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Uptown is a part of United
Surgical Partners International (USPI). USPI owns and operates
multiple surgical hospitals and ambulatory surgical care centers
throughout the United States and London; with headquarter located
in Addison, TX.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Uptown is currently seeking
a RN Operating Room Director in the Surgical Department for full
time opportunities. The ideal candidate will be focused on
excellent customer service, have the ability to multi-task, the
ability to show flexibility in assignments, maintain scrupulous
infection control standards, maintain professional competencies and
have the ability to work as part of an interdependent
multidisciplinary team. The RN Operating Room Manager is also
responsible for all departmental functions in support of the
hospital mission, vision, and facility goals. The Manager
identifies the cost-effective systems needed to support the
business of the department taking into account business trends,
resource availability and changes in customers. This position
establishes effective working relationships with all constituencies
including patients, physicians, employees, volunteers and vendors.
The Manager identifies and remedies through continuous customer
satisfaction data and employee involvement. The Department Manager
works with Senior Management in meeting the facility goals.
The manager will oversee the surgery and sterile processing
services. Assists as RN Circulator and Scrub Tech as necessary.
Some later evenings required.
Benefits Include: Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Uptown
offers competitive salary, medical and dental, 401(k) with Company
Contribution and annual profit sharing bonus.
Position required skills for the RN Operating Room Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Graduate of an accredited RN School of Nursing
- Baccalaureate degree preferred
- At least five (5) years' experience as an RN in hospital
Medical/Surgery or ICU unit
- At least two (2) years' experience in surgery management which
includes pre-op, intra-op, and post-op care
- RN, current in the State of Texas
- BLS, ACLS, PALS
- Independent decision making skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Excellent communication skills with staff and physicians
Position qualifications and requirements for the RN Operating
Room Manager include:
- Ability to make decisions based on nursing judgment
- Able to prioritize and organize workload to meet needs of
patients and unit.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Job knowledge/Responsibilities/Productivity
- Customer Service/Relationship/Communication
- Environment of Care/Patient Safety
- Infection Control/Employee Health and Safety
- Performance Improvement