Director,-Investment Banking, Middle Market M&A
Company: BMO Harris
Posted on: June 12, 2021
90 S 7th Street
Job Family Group:
Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
Director-Investment Banking, Middle Market M&A
Provides a combination of deep industry sector expertise,
innovative thinking in a team-based approach and world class
execution across a full suite of products to clients through an
integrated Capital Markets platform using a sector ecosystem
approach. Collaborates to generate creative, client-focused
solutions to prospective and current clients.
- Uses expertise in financial markets to cultivate relationships
with new and existing clients and develop new client
- Delivers activities in instituting cross-selling initiatives to
clients across all areas of the firm and transitioning them into
- Operates as key member of the deal team with efforts to
maximize sector penetration and returns.
- Creates client pitch books for financial solutions and
leads/participates in client presentations.
- Monitors client, client industry, and regulatory agencies for
potential changes that may affect client portfolio and business
- Initiates contact with partners for new client sales.
- Directly manages a diverse portfolio with progression toward
increasing client responsibility.
- Reviews and continually monitors performance of existing
accounts and client relationships.
- Conducts due diligence (e.g. client visits, analyzing business
models, and comprehensively reviewing industry trends and related
- Understands client needs and provides relevant ideas and
opinions to generate recommendations.
- Collaborates with sector coverage partners for clients and
prospects to identify / deliver creative, timely solutions.
- Provides deal expertise and prepares/oversees delivery of
creative and timely "pitches".
- Supports credit concurrence/pricing efforts as a client
- Maintains key ongoing coverage contact with clients and sector
- Builds positive client relations through deep/comprehensive
understanding of client needs and alignment of our
- Develops and maintains strong client relationships at all
- Interprets client strategy and anticipates needs to deliver
- Anticipates changes in client needs and provides
- Recognizes opportunities to cross-sell and to grow share of
- Acts as a positive change agent to drive improved efficiency
- Identifies and delivers on opportunities to improve the client
experience; brings in partners where appropriate.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted
- Maintains awareness of all firm products and services offered
and facilitates means of receiving continuous updates.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource
requirements, and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Works with specialists as needed to support successful deal
- Develops and leverages relationships across LOBs, with
executive and external clients to foster and support
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Creates financial models to analyze client portfolios and
anticipate client needs.
- Uses financial analysis to proactively identify opportunities
- Generates updated financial models / analyses as business needs
and industry requirements dictate.
- Analyzes/assesses industry compilations.
- Applies appropriate technical concepts and completes / leads
consistent and reliable technical and financial reports / analyses
to support client deliverables.
- Understands the complexity of transactions and related risks
(credit, market, operational, legal/compliance, etc.).
- Balances the Bank's risk appetite with the client needs when
making recommendations / proposals.
- Makes decisions based on a strong understanding of risks;
effectively evaluates risk-return trade-offs, and proactively takes
accountability for risks assumed.
- Identifies and acts on the delivery of meaningful revenue, cost
reduction, or capital optimization opportunities.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more
efficient processes, enhanced analysis, and/or streamlined
- Reviews and guides work of team members to deliver business
- Delivers financial modeling to support strategic
recommendations to clients.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of
day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a
specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or
ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be
complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as
- An undergraduate degree focused on finance, economics, or
accounting preferred with high academic achievement.
- MBA, CFA or equivalent experience in financial services,
accounting, or legal fields.
- Minimum of 9 years of relevant experience in investment
banking, negotiating and structuring financial transactions. This
should include some experience developing business in a corporate
- Relevant business services sector experience is highly
- Excellent knowledge of financial solutions, products, and
- Expert knowledge in one or more areas as recognized by clients
- Ability to create and deliver professional product ideas and
- Expertise in financial computer applications and database
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education,
experience and industry knowledge.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Influence skills
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group
- Able to manage ambiguity
- Data driven decision making
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly
Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create
lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our
people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we
transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued,
respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an
impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for
yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and
resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our
customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to
manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you
gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmoharris.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and
accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we
gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris
Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part
in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation,
please contact your recruiter.
Keywords: BMO Harris, Dallas , Director,-Investment Banking, Middle Market M&A, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!