Contract Position: Solutions Architect - Mobile
Company: Southwest Airlines
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This will be a contract role at Southwest Airlines. This
selected candidate will not be a Southwest Employee, but will be an
employee of a 3rd party vendor company. The Solution Architect will
be able to work directly with our business and technology teams to
further the Crew Mobility Agenda and enable our future Mobile First
strategy in meeting our Crew where they are.
Business area focused Architects serving as a bridge between the
business and IT domains in order to support Portfolio Architects
and guide Tech Leads. Work is performed as part of the Plan Team
and ensures application/technology alignment to the Enterprise
Reference Architecture pertaining to their portfolio.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed
on this description.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee's
- Responsible for portfolio high level designs and architecture
including designing architecture back to the ERA
- Responsible for developing and executing against solution
strategies and business plans that support business expansion
- Focuses on integrating various parts of a solution into one
cohesive network that solves a larger technical problem(s)
- Oversees complex technical lifecycles from inception,
requirements analysis, design, to fluid implementation phases
- Owns getting buy in and consensus on approach / owns concept
diagrams and from Infrastructure and software Teams
- Ability to negotiate approach/scope of projects and vendor
- Coordinates tasks and objectives with internal and external
- Accountable for detailed solution designed developed by Tech
- Ensures use of repositories for deliverables, methodologies,
and business development documents
- Consulted on Business area roadmap and responsible for aligning
application/technology roadmap to address business needs
- Responsible for Enterprise Architecture compliance at the
portfolio architecture level
- Tracks and manages component interdependencies
- Consulted for input on T-shirt sizing of initiatives
- Engages with non-SWA Team (C)(r)
- Identify holes in enterprise / portfolio architecture / Stacks
and works through portfolio architect to resolve
- Mentors / Coaching Tech Leads
- Provides friendly service to and maintains positive
relationships with all internal and external Customers
- Works in a cooperative spirit to ensure the success of our
High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer
Science, Business Administration, or equivalent formal training;
- Five to eight years of work experience in multiple technology
- Three to five years of engineering and/or business work
- Have experience working in an Agile environment,highly
- Have experience architecting web based and microservies based
applications, highly preferred.
- Have 10+ years of experience developing, and delivering iOS and
Android native applications, highly preferred.
- Have 5+ years of experience in establishing mobile development
pipelines using Gitlab and following GitOps practices, highly
- Have 3+ years of experience developing solution architectures
that are targeted for the AWS Cloud environment, highly
- Have previous experience in working in a SAFe development model
specifically managing at the SAFe program tier, preferred.
- Have experience in developing Event Driven Architectures using
an Kafka based Streaming Platform, preferred.
- AWS Solution Architect Associate Level Certificate,
- Ability to perform physical activities such as lifting (50
lbs), standing, sitting, pulling, pushing, squatting, hearing,
climbing, walking, kneeling, reaching, crawling, writing, and
- Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills (ability
to address large and small audiences).
- Ability to articulate (verbally / visually) ideas, approach,
concepts, options, risk, impact, and recommendations to technical,
non-technical, and Leadership audiences. [facilitate meetings with
medium to large audience of peers]
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving
- Must possess outstanding business acumen, and a sound
understanding of industry rules / standards.
- Must be highly organized, motivated, and capable of working
with minimum supervision.
- Ability to mentor / coach Tech Leads, Senior Developers, and
Peers in a domain or technical area.
- Ability to provide expert technical and Thought Leadership in a
domain area / app suite.
- Outstanding leadership skills including partnering, consensus
- Advanced knowledge of project management methodology and
- Outstanding understanding of business process and business
rules for a Portfolio.
- Expert knowledge of computer or network systems hardware, and
software theory, emerging practices / concepts, and technology
relevant to organizational / portfolio vision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, Team-based,
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance
standards as described in established guidelines.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the
United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as
described in established guidelines.
- Five percent travel, with the potential for increased /
decreased travel based upon Technology Department needs.
Please print/save the job description because it won't be
available after you apply
Southwest Airlines is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Southwest Airlines, Dallas , Contract Position: Solutions Architect - Mobile, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!