Posted Date: Jul 20, 2021
- We are hiring
immediately for a full-time GENERAL LABOR
MAINTENANCE/UTILITY TECH position.
- Location: Alvarado
ISD - 106 South Bill Jackson, Alvarado, TX 76009. Note:
online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T
Monday through Friday, 8 hour shifts - possible
- Requirement: Prior
experience in repairing ceiling tiles is a
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying
Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text
JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID
The advertised program is
an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with
Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may
apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Diversity of thought
and inclusion for all is what drives our success - we invite you to
start your journey with us today!
SSC Services for Education
is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC
truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing
our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive
training, providing supportive management, and offering
unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career
advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that
differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education
is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider.
As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as
great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own
future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of
the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through
their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude.
The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the
Summary: Assists with the day-to-day
upkeep, maintenance and smooth operation of the building and
campus. Repairs, maintains and assists in the installation of
vending machines and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one
attention to detail.
- Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Performs minor repairs to doors, fixtures and furniture.
- Records information from meters and gauges at specified
intervals to verify operating conditions.
- Makes adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling,
ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Regularly replaces HVAC air filters.
- Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks
as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical
appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Moves heavy furniture, equipment and supplies either manually
or by using hand trucks.
- Mows and trims lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and
power trimmers; clears debris.
- Notifies managers about the need for major repairs or additions
to building operating systems.
- Removes snow from sidewalks, driveways and parking areas.
- Sets up, arranges and removes decorations, tables, chairs,
ladders and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events.
- Ad-hoc cleaning of building floors by sweeping, mopping,
scrubbing or vacuuming; gathers and empties trash; services, cleans
and supplies restrooms.
- Drives vehicles required to perform work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid Non-CDL Class C driver's license may be required.
Associates at SSC are offered many fantastic
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the
following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following
benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Req ID: 634334