Cyber Security Engineer - HGS
Posted on: July 23, 2021
The Health Growth Solutions (HGS) at Leidos has immediate
opening for cyber-security engineer to help us securely shape,
develop, and deliver new software solutions leveraging state-of-the
art technologies to our government customers and launch new and
innovative products into the commercial healthcare
marketplace. Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors
of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in
delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient
care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. Our software
engineers are at the forefront of defining and building solutions
to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven
by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each
As a part of an agile scrum team, you’ll help plan for and
implement product and information security incident, damage, and
threat assessment programs. You’ll serve as a core member of the
Cyber Security team focused on daily cyber security operations to
secure our products and protect our customer data, design and
implement Security Information and Event Management (SIEM)
procedures and operations, and identify and remediate gaps in our
products. This includes the interpretation and implementation of
cyber security best practices for all products and services. In
addition, you will work under the direction of the Cyber-Security
Architect to drive a broad set of security initiatives at HGS,
including software design analysis, policy development, TLS
standards curation and risk mitigation. Most importantly, you
will become a critical member of the team responsible for ensuring
the integrity of HGS’s enterprise and products and for keeping
HGS’s users safe, within a company dedicated to building a more
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide security design analysis and infrastructure auditing
for products and services and participate in the iterative design
process in order to identify vulnerabilities, risks and choices
that would lead to increased risk down the road early and
throughout the product lifecycle.
- Develop Security reference architectures for common patterns
that result in unnecessary risk.
- Document and communicate these reference architectures to teams
and advocate for their adoption to mitigate risk.
- Develop policies and guidelines to make it easier for
non-security minded people to understand what to ensure their
products do and don’t do.
- Establish organization-wide web security and TLS standards,
and, in partnership with operations teams and developers, automated
processes to assess and enforce those standards.
- Execute a forward looking risk prevention program that
identifies areas of risk that are not well understood and lacking
strong ownership, assess the risk, propose a suite of mitigations,
and drive the mitigations to completion.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments and monitor systems,
networks, databases and Web-based assets for potential system
- Recommend and implement changes under the supervision of the
Cyber-Security Architect to enhance security systems and prevent
- Respond to alerts from information security tools.
- Report, investigate, and resolve higher level security
- Research security trends, new methods, and techniques used in
unauthorized access of data in order to preemptively eliminate the
possibility of system breach.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and privacy laws.
- Supports the security architect in the development and
maintenance of security standards including, but not limited to,
network infrastructure, wireless and mobile infrastructure,
operating systems, databases, applications, and emerging
- Understands current as well as emerging security threats.
- As directed by the security architect, identifies security
architecture capabilities and design security architecture patterns
to mitigate threats.
- Assesses emerging technologies against security architecture to
determine where they fill gaps, overlap with existing solutions or
- Serves as information security subject matter expert; provide
advisory and consulting services as needed.
- As directed by the security architect, reviews existing and
proposed architectures, identify security design gaps, and
recommend changes or enhancements.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- BS and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience in a security
- Proven expertise in assessing security risks, presenting
security topics to people outside of security, analyzing software
and system design to identify security vulnerabilities, and policy
- Knowledge of state of the art vulnerabilities and attack
techniques, and a depth of technical expertise with designing and
building tooling to scale your influence and impact. Outstanding
interpersonal skills to partner with teams across the organization
and support them in reducing their risk.
- Ability to develop your own tools as needed in a variety of
- Practical experience working with cloud technologies, such as
Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure,
- Superb communication skills; ability to work effectively with
diverse company partners.
- Proven experience in performing administration functions of
Linux/UNIX & Windows systems, network, firewall, and DNS
- Demonstrated working knowledge of vulnerability assessment and
penetration testing tools.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and/or in
a team setting.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
and strong critical-thinking skills in complex communication
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Additional security-related certifications, such as Global
Information Assurance Certification (GIAC), Certified Ethical
Hacker (CEH), etc. Experience with Health field related
enterprise technology applications
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Security Architecture and Engineering
Keywords: Leidos, Dallas , Cyber Security Engineer - HGS, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!