We are looking for ALL levels of Diesel Technicians in
Please contact Shannon @ 970-324-3482 for more information!
At Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Excellent Benefits!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your
Our Diesel Technician/Mechanic must be capable
of performing required maintenance and service on Ryder vehicles.
Task assignments are directed by shop management to encourage skill
development in a productive manner. The Technician works under
general supervision of the designated Shop Supervisor or Service
Manager. Exercises some judgment and discretion in resolving issues
or making repairs.
For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with
integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management
solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and
maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few
companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000
employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Valid CDL (license A) is highly desired; mandatory in some
- Must possess state license as required
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles.
In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including drug
and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3
Important Note: Additional requirements may be
required in different locations and/or accounts.
- Performs vehicle maintenance and repair duties
- Performs standard vehicle maintenance
- Performs standard component inspections and repairs
- Performs preventive maintenance
- Diagnoses standard mechanical and electronic problems,
utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable
- Identifies root cause of basic failures/conditions and perform
repairs as required
- Replaces defective components as instructed
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Interacts with customers/drivers to properly determine nature
of complaint once assigned a task
- Utilizes key functions of Shop Management System and electronic
- Works in accordance with all federal/ provincial and corporate
compliance guidelines (i.e., safety, DOT, MOT)
- Performs other support duties as required to support
operations. These could include but are not limited to Service
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status
as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-TX-DALLAS
Posted Date 22 hours ago
(9/12/2021 9:41 PM)
Employment Type Regular-Full
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 7006