Document Control And Auditing Specialist
Company: Central Garden & Pet
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Our Central Life Sciences Quality Assurance team is searching
for a Document Control and Auditing Specialist for our Dallas, TX
facility. The ideal candidate will assist with all process auditing
functions in order to assure all procedures and processes conform
to the ISO-9001 standard, current Good Manufacturing Practice
(cGMP) and current Good Laboratory Practice (cGLP) standards and
regulations for EPA registered products. He/she will create,
maintain and control critical quality product files and master
manufacturing documentation for site manufacturing processes.
He/she will also create, maintain and control standard operating
procedures and work instructions for the Dallas site. This position
serves as the official document controller and assists in the
review of technical documents.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties will
include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist Quality Assurance Unit with cGLP auditing activities
related to EPA registration activities including all relevant
- Assist Quality Assurance Team with ISO-9001 and cGMP compliance
Manufacturing Procedures and Specifications
- Create and update Master Manufacturing Batch Documents. Ensure
documents include all critical Manufacturing procedures and
specifications needed to maintain a high level of Quality
- Audit Manufacturing Documents to assure compliance to ISO and
- Ensure correct Master Batch Documents are available for product
manufacture and packaging.These records must meet cGMP and ISO
- Review and monitor weekly production schedules to ensure Master
Batch Documents continuously reflect current product specifications
at time of manufacture.
- Ensure that new or modified Engineering specifications for
packaging components and chemical materials are reflected in
current Manufacturing Documentation.
- Participate in New Product Launch meetings to ensure
Manufacturing Documents are created and available for New Product
Introductions. Coordinate communication between various departments
to ensure completion.
- Manage and control the ISO Document Portal. Ensure procedures
and all related documents are current, available, and
- Assist with any revisions to SOPs/WIs, Quality Manual and other
essential ISO documentation.
IDEAL CANDIDATE ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific curriculum or quality field;
Chemistry background a plus.
- 1-3 years documentation organization and handling experience
- Familiarity with ISO, GMP and GLP guidelines.
- Should have experience with Quality Process and Quality
- Should be familiar with all Microsoft office systems and
applications, documentation storage and retrieval systems, archival
of documents, etc.
- Must possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills,
as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a high attention to detail and the ability to
critically analyze information and data.
- This position requires significant inter-departmental
interaction and contact with Research and Development, Operations,
field representatives, contractors and suppliers and demonstrate
cooperation and versatility with personnel with different
backgrounds and education levels.
- Integrity must be beyond reproach.
- Working knowledge of EPA registration process.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
- Work hours are predominantly completed in an office with infr
equent visits to the analytical laboratories or manufacturing
floor. Normal laboratory and manufacturing conditions require
safety gear and temperature conditions which may vary from cool to
very warm. Good care and appropriate protocols must be used when
working in/around laboratory chemicals, materials and
- This position is limited to the Dallas facility with nominal
travel to other Company owned facilities.
At Central Garden & Pet (NASDAQ: CENT and CENTA), we believe home
is at the center of our lives, and our employees are driven by our
purpose to nurture happy and healthy homes. Our company is made up
of thousands of people across North America, with an emerging
footprint across the U.K., Mexico, China and Canada - all dedicated
to helping gardens bloom bigger, pets live healthier and
communities grow stronger. We are united by our mission to lead the
future of the garden and pet industries---one blade of grass and
one wagging tail at a time. Visit our website at www.central.com to
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
All successful applicants should expect to undergo a screening for
prohibited levels of drugs prior to beginning employment.
Keywords: Central Garden & Pet, Dallas , Document Control And Auditing Specialist, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!