Company: Money Mart Financial Services
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Money Mart Financial Services is a leading provider of financial
services in North America. For 40 years, we have been committed to
providing financial solutions that meet the evolving needs of
consumers and business owners. Backed by a retail network of over
700 locations and robust digital and mobile platforms, we provide
access to cash and related products to help our customers achieve
Our highly skilled workforce puts customers first in everything we
do. We serve 2 million people annually with diverse and innovative
financial products such as loans, check cashing, money transfer and
prepaid cards. Through this ever-evolving suite of services, we
empower customers to manage their finances and improve their lives.
Wherever customers are on their financial journey, Money Mart
Financial Services provides solutions.
Money Mart's Analytics & Risk Organization is responsible for
managing the risk-reward throughout the lifecycle of our credit
products and customer journey. This is an exciting organization
where the contributions by the team members can really help Money
Mart's bottom line and create experiences that our customers
Data Scientists at Money Mart is part of a team creating a new
cutting-edge Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning center of
excellence with the goal of developing innovative solutions for
helping the business grow and become more efficient.
The Risk & Analytics team is looking for a high-performing
professionals who will apply their quantitative expertise,
attention to detail, and curiosity to solve business
- Develop quantitative solutions for managing credit risk, fraud
risk, marketing campaigns and enhanced customer segmentation
- Conceive, design & monitor risk management strategies to
improve business profitability in the areas of underwriting, credit
line management, universe expansion and alternative data evaluation
- Analyze customer level information to determine the
effectiveness of strategies and recommend necessary changes to
- Innovative use of data and processes to improve risk management
strategies and the customer experience.
- Analyze portfolio trends to deliver strategic business insight
from internal and external data. Communicate concise and actionable
business strategies from vast amounts of data for Sr.
- Master's degree or higher in a quantitative field such as
Decision Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer
Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Finance, or Economics
- Minimum 2 years of experience within Credit Risk Management,
Fraud Risk or Marketing Analytics. Preferably within the financial
- Minimum 2 years of experience solving business problems
leveraging data and analytics.
- Minimum 5 years of experience using SQL, R, Python, Xeno,
MatLab, or similar data-mining and analytics applications.
- Capable of completing descriptive, diagnostic, exploratory,
predictive, and prescriptive analytical exercises.
- Proven ability to give meaning, insight, and purpose to
information to drive business decisions.
- Capable of managing change through typical strategy development
lifecycle stages such as Ideation, Solutioning, Execution, and
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills,
problem-solving, time-management, collaboration, and interpersonal
- Proven ability to simply explain complex information to both
technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to influence critical business outcomes in
a matrix based, global environment.
- Aptitude and willingness to roll-up the sleeves and get
involved in the details.
- Highly curious with the desire to go deep beneath the surface
to solve problems.
- Must have good business judgment with demonstrated ability to
think creatively and strategically.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for
how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One
Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical
standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to
treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and
respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and
find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial
empowerment. All your information will be kept confidential
according to EEO guidelines.
Keywords: Money Mart Financial Services, Dallas , Data Scientist, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!