Company: Groove Jones
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position: 3D Generalist
Groove Jones, a world-renowned and award-winning studio
specializing in Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Interactive
Entertainment technologies, is currently seeking a person to take
on the role as 3D Modeler.
This person loves asset creation in Maya and has knowledge of the
3D modeling pipeline. They are excited about bringing their
creations into VR/AR applications and knows how to implement their
work into both Unreal and Unity. Strong communication skills and
the ability to receive constructive feedback are necessary.
The right candidate should enjoy working in a collaborative
environment, they should be organized and have an eye for detail. -
They should also have an insatiable appetite to research, learn and
test their knowledge and skills to build things that haven't been
This is a full-time contract position located in Dallas, Texas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Model, UV and texture 3D assets for use in games and video
productions using Maya (or Blender, 3DSMax
- Optimize complex CAD or scanned geometry for use in VR or
- Quickly kitbash environments together for use in-game engine
- Implement assets into Unity or Unreal
- Create PBR textures and materials using Substance Painter
- Export optimized texture sets based on the needs of the
- The ideal candidate would have at least a bachelor's degree in
Fine Art, Animation, Video Game Development or Related Field, but
prior experience may qualify someone.
- The candidate must have at least 3-5 year's experience at an
Interactive shop, agency or game studio. -
- Candidate must be proficient in Maya (or Blender/3DS Max) and
Substance Painter -
- The position requires a dynamic person that thrives in a
fast-paced environment and is extremely organized. -
- Experience with optimizing 3D geometry for use in mobile/web
- This person should have experience implementing assets into
both Unreal and Unity.
- Experience with Python a plus.
- Passionate about AR & VR
- Bonus: Love for modeling cars/vehicles
- Bonus: VRChat world building knowledgeApplicants should submit
their resume with a link to their portfolio. Resumes should be sent
About Groove JonesGroove Jones is an award-winning creative
technology company that provides software solutions to advertising,
entertainment, marketing, health, and training companies to engage
with their audiences. It has a client list of numerous Fortune 500
companies like Amazon, AT&T, Comcast, HP, IBM, Intel,
Mastercard, McDonald's, Nestle, Samsung, and Under Armour.
We are artists, musicians, thinkers, creators, tinkerers,
technologists, gamers, strategists, innovators, rebels, developers
and most of all, digital fanboys (and fangirls) with a common
interest: consistently delivering amazing, effective work for
amazing clients. We love what we do. -
For more information visit - www.groovejones.com
Keywords: Groove Jones, Dallas , 3D Modeler, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!