Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
* The Procurement Specialist will have the demonstrated ability to
procure goods and services at the best value for BSWH that supports
the overall goals of the Supply Chain Management team while meeting
the needs of our providers and patients.
* The Procurement Specialists creates and transmits purchase orders
using ERP software and ensures accuracy of purchase and supplier
data while working in conjunction with VAT and Strategic Sourcing
to adhere to contracted and standardized goods and services.
* The Procurement Specialists utilizes procurement strategies and
methods to research and obtain a minimum of three quotes for
off-catalog, one-time items and successfully negotiates and awards
the purchase to the suppliers that will bring BSWH the best
* The Procurement Specialists routinely communicates upstream and
downstream with suppliers and customers, respectively, to validate
information and finalize business transactions.
* The Procurement Specialists performs follow-up and expediting of
purchase orders to ensure timely delivery including emergency
orders of critical patient-care items.
* The Procurement Specialists builds rapport within the
organization and acts as a knowledgeable resource and trainer to
customers with respect to procurement policies and procedures,
product and contract information.
* The Procurement Specialists utilize LEAN techniques to simplify
processes, systems and work by focusing on root-cause analysis and
aiming to improve the big picture.
* The ideal candidate for The Procurement Specialists position must
have strong written and verbal communication skills exhibiting
professionalism in all encounters.
* Specialty/Department/Practice - BSWSC Strategic Sourcing Support
* Shift/Schedule - Full time
Benefits - Our competitive benefits package includes*:
* Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
* Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or
* Associate's Degree
* A minimum of 3 years experience required
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas , Procurement Specialist, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!