Company: Parkland Health and Hospital System
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
passion.Establishes and maintains an efficient, cost effective care
management process by determining patient financial and medical
eligibility, medical necessity, and by developing, implementing and
monitoring individual patient plans of care and communicating these
plans to patients, families, and Parkland staff to ensure quality
patient care throughout the healthcare continuum and compliance
with program/Parkland policies and procedures. Responsible for the
maintaining the knowledge and skill set related to utilization
review, care coordination, performance improvement and professional
licensure and certification.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of Nursing
- Must have four years of hospital or community based patient
care nursing, preferably in assigned clinical area.
- Prefer case management, utilization review, and/or discharge
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience
to substitute for the experience requirement.
- Must have current, valid RN license or temporary RN license
from the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must maintain current healthcare provider CPR course completion
card from one of the following:o American Heart Association
o American Red Cross Rescuer
o Military Training Network.
- Prefer Accreditation for Care Management (ACM) from American
Care Manager Association, American Nurses Credentialing Center
(ANCC) Nursing Case Management Certification, or National Academy
of Certified Care Managers (NACCM).- Prefer Texas Department of
Health Targeted Case Management (TCM) 90- day training
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with
the current State of Texas Nursing Practice Act, established
protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area
- Must be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with a
diverse group of patients, families and healthcare staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of specific
patient populations, and be able to demonstrate knowledge of
disease processes affecting this group.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of PC
operations and the ability to use word processing software in a
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of the laws and
regulations governing Medicare, Medicaid and community-based
- Must be self-directed and capable of priority setting and
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued
behaviors.#LI-FY1Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits
discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion,
sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender expression, genetic information, disability, national
origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.
Keywords: Parkland Health and Hospital System, Dallas , Care Coordinator, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!