CT Tech 5K Sign On Bonus
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
SHIFT:Sat & Sun 7AM-11PM -JOB SUMMARYThe CT Technologist, under
general supervision of a Radiologist, performs computed tomography
(CT) procedures on ambulatory and hospital patients as requested by
a physician or other licensed provider for the diagnosis of disease
and injury in accordance with established protocols.ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE -
- Performs high quality CT procedures, according to exam
protocol, in a timely manner. Maintains production and quality of
imaging procedures by following established standards and
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify
patient service requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on
the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and
others. Instructs and communicates with patients and their family
regarding the test to be performed and assesses patient's ability
to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient and area for procedure by positioning patient,
adjusting immobilization devices, moving equipment into specified
position and adjusting equipment controls to set exposure
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety
requirements, infection-control, drug and radiation policies,
protocols and techniques. Uses proper sterile techniques when
setting up and performing invasive multimodality procedures and
maintains hand hygiene requirements.
- Maintains equipment and work area to meet quality and
cleanliness standards. Works with engineers and physicists to
ensure optimal operational capabilities of equipment. Reports
issues to management or appropriate department. Assists in
maintaining supplies inventory.
- Ensures individuals are safe to enter the department by
screening them according to approved policies and procedures.
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such
as requisition/chart, patient history, pregnancy status and
shielding precautions taken, consent forms, policies and
- Maintains medical imaging records in appropriate system and
according to department policies and standards for interpretation
in a timely manner.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS -
- Able to perform high quality CT procedures according to exam
protocol in a timely manner.
- Able to explain the procedure and put patients at ease.
- Able to provide services in a timely, accurate, and
cost-efficient manner in compliance with established System and
regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
- Able to perform tasks independently without need for routine
- Able to maintain a calm and helpful attitude, even under times
of stress, and take appropriate and reasonable steps to resolve
- Able to effectively administer first aid and use emergency
- Able to ensure customer satisfaction by limiting wait times,
providing courteous service, remaining professional, reviewing
patient satisfaction scores and developing action plans when
- Demonstrates and maintains current knowledge, continued
education and skills appropriate care for the following age groups
(specific to department): newborn, pediatric, young adult, adult
- Able to serve as preceptor by providing quality training to new
team members and on new services and initiatives.
- Able to take call, if required.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits
package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or levelQUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Grad of an Accredited Program
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - - - - - - - -ARRT-CT
Computed Tomography (ARRT-CT): Must be certified by the American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Computed Tomography (CT). -
- - - - - -Basic Life Support (BLS): Basic Life Support is
Required. - - - - - - -Medical Radiologic Tech (MRT): Licensed by
the State of Texas Medical Board as a Medical Radiologic
Technologist (MRT). - - - - - - -ARRT-N Nuclear Medicine Tech
(ARRT-N), ARRT-R Radiography (ARRT-R), Cert Nuclear Med Tech
(CNMT): Must also be certified by the American Registry of
Radiologic Technologists in Radiography (R) or in Nuclear Medicine
(N) or by Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board as a
Certified Nuclear Medicine Tech (CNMT).
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas , CT Tech 5K Sign On Bonus, Other , Frisco, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!