Company: Eagle Metal Products
Posted on: May 17, 2022
Eagle Metal manufactures connector plates, as well as provides
truss and panel design software to our customers nationwide! We are
a group of professionals who share two core values: A warrior's
spirit to work hard, innovate and persevere; a servant's heart to
treat others with respect and always give that something extra in
helping every customer succeed.
Our growing company is hiring for a Truss Designer. Please review
the list of responsibilities and qualifications.The candidate
should be detailed and experienced in the area of truss design.
Must be a dependable part of the team, as teamwork is vital to our
continued growth and success!
- Structural design roof and floor trusses for single family,
multi-family and commercial projects
- Generate clear, complete and accurate working plans and detail
layout drawings based on architectural and engineering plans for
the fabrication of roof/floor trusses and components
- Design individual floor and roof trusses
- Size and specify hangers for truss-to-truss
- Assist with technical questions in regard to trusses and
framing with trusses.
- Assist sales staff with technical questions from
- Report to work at scheduled time
- Meet deadlines for design completion
- Ability to deal courteously with customers, co-workers, and
- Communicate with peer/management effectively
- Ensure designs are accurate, optimized, and conforms to
- Option to work remotely
- Paid Time Off
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school preferred but not required.
- one to two years minimum related experience and/or training in
this field; or equivalent combination of education and
- Previous Truss Design experience preferred.
- Ability to use software to view plans/buildings in 3D.
- Read and understand construction documents.
- Understand code requirements and loading conditions as they
relate to truss structural design.
- Understand basic engineering and design concepts.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Good math skills including, but not limited to architectural
units, fractions, geometry, and basic trigonometry.
- Ability to operate a computer and current software used by
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written
- Ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
expeditiously to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Mabank, Texas/Dallas, Texas/Remote
- Ability to work overtime and weekends required
Keywords: Eagle Metal Products, Dallas , Truss Designer, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!