Clinical Surveyor - Remote
Company: DNV GL
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV's Healthcare Division is seeking to fill the role of Clinical
Surveyor. This position can be remote from anywhere in the
DNV's Healthcare Division is the vanguard of quality improvement in
the healthcare industry through promoting adoption and ensuring
compliance with internationally recognized ISO 9001 quality
management and NIAHO accreditation standards. Our teams of highly
qualified healthcare professionals work as trusted partners with
providers nationwide to ensure the highest quality and safest
What you'll do:
* Participate as a member of the healthcare survey team ensuring
provider compliance with the guidelines, principles and written
instructions established by DNV.
* Work independently to survey healthcare organizations throughout
the United States.
* Apply analysis and reasoning skills to determine healthcare
organizations' degree of compliance with applicable standards and
* Prepares management reports linked to standard nonconformities
with potential system(s) vulnerabilities and related organizational
* Effectively communicates (constructive and collegial) and engages
with healthcare organization staff in interactive dialogues on
standards-based issues to assess compliance and to identify
opportunities for improving compliance.
* Where applicable, supervise the work and provide guidance and/or
training to other survey team members.
* Attend monthly educational calls.
* Complete all required ongoing training and educational
* Participates in other DNV activities as assigned.
What is required
* Physician Surveyor: Must have a degree of Doctor of Medicine
(MD), or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) and possess a current and valid
state-issued medical licensure.
* Nurse Surveyor: Must have graduated from an approved school of
nursing and possess a current and valid state-issued RN (BSN)
* Minimum five (5) years of experience within the healthcare
environment or related field such as risk or quality
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ethical standards.
* Willingness and ability to travel to customer sites up to 100% of
the time, including mostly overnight stays and U.S. travel often
outside of normal working hours and occasional weekends.
* Strong written and verbal English communication skills:(i.e.
critical thinking, interpersonal, problem solving, interviewing,
teamwork, organizational, analytical empathetic, able to
communicate effectively, respond calmly, and make decisions when
assessing practices and procedures against the DNV accreditation or
* Affable style (nice)
* Valid driver's license and be able to rent and drive a car and
travel on public conveyances, when required.
What is Preferred
* NIAHO Standards application
* ISO 9001 Experience
* Working efficiency in MS Office
* Ability to speak comfortably in public
* Auditor experience and standards
* Prior experience in VAD program management, joint replacement,
cardiovascular, diabetes, palliative care, behavioral health,
and/or neurology/stroke care
* Work in settings with infectious diseases.
* Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple
* Willing and able to walk and stand for long periods of time,
walking lengthy distances, lifting, climbing, stooping, pushing,
and pulling in order to adequately inspect and observe all medical
facilities, equipment and procedures, and any areas where
cleanliness may affect the possibility of infection, including
areas of a healthcare facility from floor-to-floor either by stairs
* Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs., in addition to transporting
one's own luggage and computer for multiple-day travel and push,
pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop and kneel with that which is
lifted, carried or transported.
* Able to maneuver through airport settings and all other traveling
* We conduct a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
* Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa
sponsorship, are not available for this position*
How We Do It
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an
inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the
basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to
race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Read more here:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
Careers in DNV
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity,
including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a
disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who
require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application
or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment
department (email@example.com). Information
received relating to accommodations will be addressed
What We Offer
* Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays,
* Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision
* Spending accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits,
* Special programs - Employee Assistance Program, ID theft
protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and
* Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through
* 401(k) with company match
* Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term
* Tuition assistance
* Consumer discounts and rewards
* Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
* Advancement opportunities
Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee
As required by the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act and New York
City Salary Transparency Law, DNV provides a reasonable range of
compensation for roles that may be hired in Colorado or New York
City. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors
including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and
specific office location. For the state of Colorado and New York
City, NY only, the range of starting pay for this role is $90000-
Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management,
operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience
and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance,
set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We are one of the world's leading certification, assurance and risk
management providers. Whether certifying a company's management
system or products, providing training, or assessing supply chains,
and digital assets, we enable customers and stakeholders to make
critical decisions with confidence. We are committed to support our
customers to transition and realize their long-term strategic goals
sustainably, and collectively contributing to the UN Sustainable
Keywords: DNV GL, Dallas , Clinical Surveyor - Remote, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!