Anesthesia Tech 1
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Anesthesia Technician 1, under general
supervision, sets up equipment, instruments, drugs and supplies for
anesthesia procedures. Cleans anesthesia equipment and work area.
Stocks anesthesia supplies in Operating Rooms, and satellite
anesthesia areas such as GI Lab and Radiology.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
OF THE ROLE
- Arranges drugs and basic sterile set-up of instrument table
with supplies required for anesthesia procedures in Operating Rooms
and satellite anesthesia areas.
- Ensures anesthesia cart and supply cabinets contain adequate
supplies for procedures.
- Cleans tables, equipment, and work area in Operating Rooms upon
completion of each case as assigned.
- Answers intercom to respond to requests for supplies and drugs
from Nurse Anesthetists, Anesthesiologist, and Surgical Teams, and
retrieves supplies and drugs from Pharmacist and other supply areas
and delivers to Operating Rooms.
- Washes, dries, and prepares for sterilization all
non-disposable anesthesia equipment such as laryngoscope, blades,
oxygen masks, and humidifiers.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Basic understanding of anesthesiology principles and practices,
modalities, therapies, terminology, medications and equipment.
- Skill in preparing operating room for required purposes.
- Ability to react calmly in emergency situations.
- Ability to clean and perform preventive maintenance on
- Must be able to communicate thoughts clearly; both verbally and
- Interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with
patients and staff.
- Must be able to read, write and follow instructions and flow
- Basic computer skills, including but not limited to: typing,
information security, electronic medical documentation, hand held
scanning and email.BENEFITSOur competitive benefits package
includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or levelLocation - Baylor University Medical
Center (Dallas,TX)Unit/Dept - Anesthesia ServicesShift/Schedule -
Fri, Saturday, and Sunday (630am - 700pm)QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION:
-H.S. Diploma/GED EquivalentEXPERIENCE: -Less than 1 Year of
ExperienceCERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION: Basic Life Support
(BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days. -
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Dallas , Anesthesia Tech 1, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!