Systems Engineer, Service Providers - Telco
Company: Pure Storage
Posted on: August 7, 2022
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE. What do NASA and emerging space
companies have in common with COVID vaccine R&D teams or with
Roblox and the Metaverse? - The answer is data, -- all fast moving,
fast growing industries rely on data for a competitive edge in
their industries. And the most advanced companies are realizing the
full data advantage by partnering with Pure Storage. Pure's vision
is to redefine the storage experience and empower innovators by
simplifying how people consume and interact with data. With 9,000
customers including 50% of the Fortune 500, we've only scratched
the surface of our ambitions . - Pure is blazing trails and setting
- For eight straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in
the Magic Quadrant -
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to
innovation have earned us a certified Net Promoter Score in the top
1% of B2B companies globally
- Industry analysts and press applaud Pure's leadership across
- And, our 4,000+ employees are emboldened to make Pure a faster,
stronger, smarter company as we go If you, like us, say "bring it
on" to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless
opportunities where you can make your mark. SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS
CHALLENGE--- We are looking for a highly motivated and
results-driven Senior Systems Engineer for our Service Providers
team. This role reports within the Systems Engineering organization
and works collaboratively with System Engineering Leadership, Sales
Leadership, Support, Engineering, Customer Success, Product
Marketing, Marketing, Strategy and Alliances to drive
large/strategic deals to closure at our Service Provider accounts.
This role is a segment-focused pace-setting leader, setting the
strategic technical direction for a team of Pure's most
forward-thinking System Engineers in our elite Service Provider
accounts. In this role, you are accountable for crafting and
disseminating a strategic vision for how Pure and our technology
can create better business outcomes for our customers. You are
responsible for developing a methodology to help us gain share
within our Service Provider accounts. This role has both service
development and service enablement components.
- Develop an exhaustive understanding of what drives a customer's
business and what motivates their decision making.
- Build and deliver technical product and architecture
presentations with vigor to customers and lock in the technical win
with clients and prospective accounts.
- Passionately bring to light the advantages of a Pure Storage
- Refine sales strategy and tactics and take command of technical
- Delight customers and teammates with your technical leadership
and domain expertise on storage products, distributed storage
architectures, file systems, and competitive storage offerings in
the DAS, NAS and SAN product spaces.
- Take control of evaluations and benchmarks, system
configurations, and system installations.
- Strong knowledge of digital transformation to a Cloud Native
architecture, On-Prem, Public Cloud, Provisioning Automation, and
- Capture requirements and translate Customer's business needs
into innovative solutions to accelerate their growth and
- Author responses to RFI & RFPs.
- Seek out and spur new opportunities for interoperability,
functional, and performance testing/validation.
- Promote mutual roadmap and planning exchanges.
- Liaise with product and technical marketing to produce
materials (i.e. white paper, web presentations) that support
overall alliance plans and objectives.
- Stay current with the competition and ensure that materials
accurately reflect the latest, differentiated solution
- Move with market trends and competitive landscape to promote
thought leadership within our organization. WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO
BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- Pre-sales experience is required
- 10 years minimum experience supporting the sales of enterprise
storage, networking or systems solutions to a combination of large
enterprise accounts and data centers.
- Deep understanding of the architecture, design and
implementation of multi-tiered client/server and web-based
- Prior experience in targeting new prospects and converting them
- Contribute significant portions and/or lead responses to RFPs,
RFQs and RFIs.
- Superior knowledge of current and emerging storage
architectures (FC, iSCSI, NAS, OSD, SAN).
- UNIX OS, NFS file systems and UNIX distributed network
- Installation/configuration of distributed computing,
multiprocessing, virtual memory subsystem, storage subsystems
architecture, shared memory architectures, cache architectures,
- Knowledge of VMWare, Local Area Networking, Ethernet, TCP/IP
and general networking.
- Excellent verbal and written interpersonal skills.
- BS in CS, EE or other technical degree and/or equivalent
- Familiarity with modern web architecture a plus (LAMP stack,
scale-out vs scale-up architectures, NoSQL alternatives).
- Familiarity with Telco OSS/BSS stacks and applications is
highly desirable -#LI-REMOTE #LI-JL4 BE YOU-CORPORATE CLONES NEED
NOT APPLY. Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently,
and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you
have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique
thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to
learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining
Pure is an investment in your career journey. Through our Pure
Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee
resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of
our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local
and global communities through volunteering and grants. And because
we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to
work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance,
including flexible time off, wellness resources, and
company-sponsored team events. PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Research shows that in order to apply for a job, women feel they
need to meet 100% of the criteria while men usually apply after
meeting about 60%. Regardless of how you identify, if you believe
you can do the job and are a good match, we encourage you to apply.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the
laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for
hire. - If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a
disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com .
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE. If
you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you
provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate
Personal Information Protection Notice . DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE
NOTICE. Some positions may require a deemed export license for
compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Please note: Pure
does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we
are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.
PURE'S COMPLIANCE WITH THE U.S. GOVERNMENT COVID-19 MANDATE In
accordance with Pure's policies, current and anticipated federal
regulations, and our ongoing commitment to prioritizing the health
and well-being of our employees, partners, and customers, and the
community at large, where permitted by law, all Pure employees and
contractors working in the United States are expected to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date. Should you
require an exemption for medical or religious reasons, you must
initiate Pure's exemption request process which will determine if
an exemption can be granted in accordance with applicable local,
state, and/or federal law.
Keywords: Pure Storage, Dallas , Systems Engineer, Service Providers - Telco, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!