Trade Surveillance Specialist
Company: Bank of America
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job Description:The Calibration and Effectiveness team is
responsible for ensuring that the Surveillance execution program
conducted by EIT (Enterprise Independent Testing) is measured and
monitored against internal standards and SLAs, through the
execution of a series of Surveillance programs and ultimately
improved via providing Surveillance subject matter expertise.The
successful candidate must have deep knowledge on various
surveillance and market misconduct behaviors such as wash trade,
spoofing etc. and should understand the technical challenges
associated with financial data and its correlation to surveillance
exception alerts.The trade surveillance specialist is also
responsible for conducting the periodic parameter review program in
conjunction with EIT, Global Compliance, Technology and the first
line unit to ensure all parameters are reviewed and fine-tuned. The
successful candidate will also prepare monthly and quarterly
reports to senior management, surveillance governance forum,
presenting quantitative and qualitative analysis, charts/graphs on
alert efficiency, trending and review of inclusion/exclusion logics
with the purpose of identifying bottlenecks in the surveillance and
ultimately improving the efficiency and accuracy of the banks
surveillance program.This role will require strong project
management and exceptional communication skills with various
stakeholders from upper management to analysts on the ground.Other
- Work the broader teams such as reporting and Global technology
to capture necessary data and automate periodic reports for various
surveillance monitoring program and utilize various tools and
statistical analysis to make the surveillance program more
effective and efficient.
- The successful candidate will also be reviewing the results of
compliance examinations of various lines of business such as sales
and trading desks and investment banking functions/processes.
- The Trade Surveillance Specialist will coordinate with various
lines of business and compliance partners to establish the scope of
each exam; analyzing internal and supervisory controls to determine
compliance with established standards and rule requirements;
providing comprehensive written reports relating to the
examinations; and tracking identified issues through
- Applies knowledge and subject matter expertise of Surveillance
testing programs, industry practices within the business group.
Independently conducts assigned responsibilities within the context
of the business unit compliance program.Requires Skills:
- In-depth knowledge of various financial assets such as
Equities, Derivatives, Fixed income, FX and OTC products such as
CDS and Swaps.
- In-depth Knowledge of market misconduct behaviors and knowledge
of various trade surveillances and their purpose
- Basic knowledge of the applicable laws, rules, and regulations
addressing Market Misconduct and Trade Surveillance in the relevant
- Good understanding of financial data and how trading activity
is presented in data.
- Knowledge or experience in trading is preferred.
- Excellent communication verbal and written skills
- Exhibit a good level of analytical skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all internal and
external associates with various level of seniority.
- Proficient in Microsoft tools including excel and
word.Shift:1st shift (United States of America)Hours Per
Keywords: Bank of America, Dallas , Trade Surveillance Specialist, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!