(Armed)Commissioned Officer, Full-Time, $20/Hourly
Posted on: September 24, 2022
(Armed)Commissioned Officer, Full-Time, $25/Hourly
Join the GuardTexas family: We're people making the difference!
GuardTexas has been committed to serving the great state of Texas
for over 41 years. Over 900 GuardTexas security officers serve
clients in many industries including commercial real estate,
residential communities, construction and retail. We are a
privately owned company with branches in: Austin, Bryan-College
Station, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. GuardTexas is
a certified security guard trainer. See www.guardtexas.com for more
information about our company.
Job Skills/RequirementsMust have Commissioned Guard card in hand to
be considered.The Security Officer safeguards property by
patrolling the premises and monitoring for theft, violence, safety
issues, and/or disturbances through observation and reporting. The
primary responsibility of the position is to deter crime through an
SECURITY OFFICER / SECURITY GUARD REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be comfortable with computers and social media
- Outgoing personality, enjoys interacting with people.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiar with placing calls on hold and transferring
- Meet and maintain all requirements of LEVEL III licensing for
Security Officers including passing a background check as required
by the Texas PSB.
- Critical thinking and sound judgment
- Visual acuity and hearing ability to observe and otherwise
obtain information from all relevant sources
- Ability to perform general physical activities that require
considerable use of arms, legs, and/or moving the entire body, such
as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, sitting,
standing for long periods of time, and handling of materials.
SECURITY OFFICER / SECURITY GUARD DUTIES:
- Provide a visual security presence
- Conduct regular rounds of buildings and/or surrounding premises
to deter and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of
doors, windows and gates
- Perform checks on windows, doors, gates, stairwells, fire
exits, mechanical rooms and other areas as assigned by client or
that trespassers may use to gain illegal access, and insure that
they are properly secure
- Inspect equipment if required to ascertain that tampering has
not occurred and/or is in working order as noted in the post
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as
equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized
persons, or unusual occurrences including standing water or fire
hazards, failure indicators on mechanical or electrical equipment,
and temperature controls
- Respond to alarms and investigate disturbances
- Contact police, paramedics or fire departments in cases of
- Contact Property Manager as appropriate per customer
- Inform persons of rule infractions or violations such as
loitering, smoking, carrying forbidden articles
- Assist in evacuation buildings in case of emergency
- Control crowds as required by job site
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or required by contract
with customer based on their individual security needsThe needs of
our clients are the first priority for our officers. On occasion,
job locations change to meet the needs of our business and clients,
and officers are expected to be flexible with schedules.
Certification Requirements (Any)
- Active Security Registration
GuardTexas is a certified security guard trainer. See
www.guardtexas.com for more information about our company.
We offer a range of competitive benefits for our security
- Weekly paychecks
- Overtime for worked holidays
- Access to credit union membership for you and your family
- Insurance is available the first day of the month after 60 days
of full time employment.
- After one year, you qualify for paid vacation, reimbursement of
uniform deposits, and Company payment of PSB fees to maintain a
Keywords: GuardTexas, Dallas , (Armed)Commissioned Officer, Full-Time, $20/Hourly, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!