Company: Waste Connections
Posted on: September 24, 2022
We are looking for an Equipment Operator to join the team at
Turkey Creek Landfill in Alvarado, Texas. Previous landfill or
waste experience would be a huge plus, but willing to train the
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Spreading and compacting trash using a Compactor
* Spreading daily cover using a Dozer
* Excavating soil using an Excavator
* Maintaining haul roads using a Grader
* Hauling soil
* Assist with other duties around the Landfill.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
* The work environment is an outdoor Landfill setting. The employee
will work near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed
to wet and/or humid conditions and vibrations. The employee is
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Areas are
clean, ventilated, and well lit.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
* Operate several pieces of light equipment throughout the work
* Work in a fast-paced, team environment
* Work outdoors in all types of weather
* Follow safe operating practices
* Learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer
* Write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily
* Have one year of previous experience operating light
* Previous landfill experience is a plus BUT not required!
Apply today and Connect with Your Future!
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance,
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Waste Connections, Dallas , Operator, Other , Alvarado, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!