CDI Provider Educator
Company: Parkland Health and Hospital System
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether
your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other
areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at
Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and
well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By
joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy
that's served our community for more than 125 years. Put your
skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a
talented team where patient care is more than a job. It's our
The CDI Educator provides one-on-one and classroom clinical
documentation and coding education to CDI Specialists, Medical
Staff, mid-level providers and other healthcare staff members.
Remains accessible as a subject matter expert and participates in
process improvement projects as impacted by documentation.
Collaborates closely with CDI Director and CDI Manager from various
platforms to identify specific areas and providers in need of
education and support.
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited
college or university OR Graduate of an accredited Health
Information Management program OR Medical School graduate with a
Master's Degree in a Healthcare/Medical related field from a U.S.
- Must have a combination of seven years' experience as a CDI
Specialist and/or educator and five years of direct patient care
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience
to substitute for both the education and the experience
- Must have one of the following current certifications:
Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) or o Certified
Clinical Documentation Improvement Practitioner (CDIP).
- For RNs: Must have a current RN license or valid temporary
permit with the Texas Board of Nursing; or valid compact RN
- For HIM Practitioners: Must have one of the following current
certifications o Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) o Registered
Health Information Technologist (RHIT) o Registered Health
Skills or Special Abilities:-Must demonstrate a basic understanding
of the MS-DRG system, CC/MCCs, impact on quality and CMI as well as
ICD-10 coding systems and how the guidelines relate to Clinical
Documentation Improvement -Demonstrate competency in
- Demonstrates extensive clinical knowledge and understanding of
anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology; best demonstrated by
clinical experience in a hospital setting.
- Must possess organizational, analytical, writing, verbal
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills that promote teamwork
- Demonstrates flexibility in prioritization.
- Must have knowledge of ICD-10-CM/PCS coding conventions and
- Must have an in-depth and varied knowledge of medical
terminology, anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology and
- Must have a thorough understanding of clinical documentation
principles, guidelines and regulations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, physicians,
nursing and other ancillary staff.
- Must demonstrate abilities to train and deliver educational
programs to physician and other providers.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to interpret guidelines/
regulations which apply to CDI and coding.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills,
and be able to produce training presentations and materials.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of applicable
software, including word processing, spreadsheets, charts/graphs
and presentation software.Parkland Health and Hospital System
prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability,
national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran
Keywords: Parkland Health and Hospital System, Dallas , CDI Provider Educator, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!