Supply Demand Planner
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Supply/Production Planner role is responsible for all
aspects of material planning. This role includes coordination with
sales and production scheduling to ensure materials are available
to meet order fulfilment requirements. This role determines and
maintains inventory master data, manages purchase orders,
communicates delivery schedules, expedites material, assists in
solving returns and payment issues. Essential Duties:Production
- Calculate and create the demand for materials, raw materials
and semi-finished products.
- Enter appropriate data and records into the SAP system.
- Review and maintain product availability information (Backorder
Reason Code, expected partial/full release availability).
- Support efforts to ensure data integrity of cycle counts and
- Provide required documents to production department.
- Work with SCM to review/update and maintain min/max levels of
raw and Kanban inventory levels.
- Find opportunities for inventory reduction and actively support
implementation as directed.
- Work with sales, operations, and engineering to anticipate
unusual production requirements and necessary inventory levels to
meet those needs and will expedite material as required.
- Assist management to resolve problems with customer schedule
changes, and cancellations of customer orders.
- Create subcontracting/outsourcing deliveries for outbound
products. Interacts with the internal team to ensure timely and
quality delivery of finished product.Supply Planning
- Purchase raw material, packaging supplies, subcontracting
services, shop supplies and other necessary items for the
- Assist management to resolve problems with late shipments and
- Coordinate with quality leader and communicates with suppliers
incoming quality issues and engineering changes/developments.
- Provide input on supplier performance such as on time delivery,
quality, regulatory compliance and cost data.
- Request and analyze quotations, negotiate prices and terms with
suppliers, and identify nonproductive suppliers with respect to
cost, quality, and delivery competitiveness within approval
- Assist in meeting or exceeding annual budgeted targets for raw,
WIP, finished goods and inventory turns.
- Develop and maintain a communication system to share raw
material pricing updates with the Estimating team.Required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of supply chain concepts and how to
- Knowledge and understanding of material specifications, using
both the English and Metric systems
- Knowledge of US Customs importation requirements for materials
arriving from other countries.
- MRP/ERP system proficiency, SAP is a plus.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office - particularly Microsoft
- Perform moderately complex planning and problem solving.
- Able to create and follow an inventory plan.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
(verbally and written)
- Able to communicate in English with Spanish/Polish/Chinese
language ability a plus. Education/Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or similar area or
- 5 or more years of demand or supply planning experience in a
- SAP experience preferred
- Offshore supplier experience
- APICS certification is a plus. Traits/Competencies required
- Task and Goal Oriented. Decides what to do, by when in order to
- Accountable. Assumes ownership for actions and results.
- Flexible. Ability to meet short deadlines, and willingness to
work additional hours during deadline periods.
- Self-Starter. Able to work independently under pressure and
react quickly to changing priorities.
- Team Player. Acts based on business goals and objectives.
- Decisive - Makes good decisions, in a timely fashion based on
Keywords: Guardiar, Dallas , Supply Demand Planner, Other , Ennis, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!