Mentorship Coach (Match Support Specialist) - Hybrid - Dallas, TX
Company: Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Through one to one mentoring, *BBBS Lone Star* is dedicated to
ensuring every child reaches their full potential. Our program
specifically was built to ensure that all youth, regardless of
background, have a plan after high school and the social capital to
make it a reality. The program has already had a measurable impact
on local youth - over 97% of mentees in the program enrolled in
higher education, were employed or enlisted in the military upon
graduation. As we look to expand our reach and broaden opportunity
to more and more young people, we need an essential teammate
playing a pivotal role in this process.
*Position Summary: * *The Match Support Specialist* is the coach
who guides both mentors and mentees as they learn to work together
in the mentoring relationship. They will introduce the matches,
complete surveys, speak to parents, mentors and mentees on a
regular basis and attend fun BBBS events hosted for matches.
Throughout the process, they'll support the matches logistically
and emotionally, ensuring the right fit and monitoring key aspects
to ensure safety and wellbeing.
*Essential Functions, Responsibilities, and Activities: *
- Maintain an assigned caseload of 80-100 Community Based and/or
School Based matched
- Contact volunteers, parents and children according to agency
standards based on length of match, in order to:
- Provide both on-going risk management and support to keep the
-Discuss match activity, personal safety reminders, and goal
-Make assessments and produce comprehensive documentation related
to individual training needs, information, and support needs for
each match participant.
-Share information about agency activities, programs, and
opportunities to donate.
- Conduct match introductions and match closures according to BBBSA
and agency standards.
- Re-engage volunteers, children and parents as appropriate after
- Conduct match evaluations/satisfaction surveys and annual outcome
evaluations with parent, child and volunteer; input according to
BBBSA and Case Management Manual.
- Write and input comprehensive assessment notes within agency
database regarding case management discussions according to BBBSA
and agency timeframes and standards for every touch point with a
- Attend match activities as assigned, seeking opportunities to
make meaningful in-person contacts with matches.
- Become familiar with community resources for client
information/referral and sharing knowledge and information with
staff members as appropriate.
- Participate in monthly supervisor meeting to share pertinent
information and escalate issues as they arise.
- Assist with agency special events as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
*Education, Experience, and Other Requirements: *
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a social or human
science, such as social work, sociology or psychology.
- One year experience in a non-clinical case management environment
preferred and within a role that required a heavy volume of phone
work for extended periods of time.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel
and keyboard skills of at least 45 words per minute error free.
- Prior experience working with a database helpful.
- Availability and flexibility to work weekday evenings and
weekends on a regular basis, as well as travel to varying local
- Flexibility to work with diverse populations.
- *Candidate should reside in Dallas County or Collin County area
as position reports to our Dallas, TX office.*
Aside from supporting a great mission, you will enjoy great
benefits including retirement (matched); medical, dental and life
insurance; HSA option; flexible spending account; awesome time-off
and casual dress.
*Please submit resume and indicate "Mentorship Coach (Match Support
Specialist) - Dallas, TX" in the subject line.*
For more information on Big Brothers Big Sisters, visit our website
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/V/D
No Phone Calls Please.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,570.00 per year
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* Monday to Friday
* Do you reside in Dallas County or Collin County area?
* Bachelor's (Required)
* non-clinical case management: 1 year (Preferred)
* heavy volume of phone work: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote%58047475%
Keywords: Big Brothers Big Sisters Lone Star, Dallas , Mentorship Coach (Match Support Specialist) - Hybrid - Dallas, TX, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!