Company: Backbox Software US Inc
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Customer Success - Sales Engineer
Sales Engineer, Intermediate
CUSTOMER SUCCESS /
All roles at BackBox are Remote in the U.S. unless otherwise
specified in the Job Description.
As the leading Intelligent Automation platform, BackBox is changing
the way organizations manage and monitor their Security and Network
infrastructure. Offering a single, centralized solution to manage
all security and network devices, the BackBox solution automates
all operational activities including orchestration, backup,
recovery, asset management, security audits and capacity
optimization for over 180 technology vendors ensuring an improved
security posture by enhancing operational efficiencies,
infrastructure reliability and visibility while reducing overall
As a global organization with representation around the world,
BackBox supports customers within every major geographical region
and industry, resulting in exposure to a variety of environments
and unique customer requirements.
What you'll be doing:
As a Sales Engineer, you will be responsible for providing internal
sales teams and external prospects and partners with technical
product guidance and architecture. You will be leading pre- and
post-sale discussions, answering questions, describing
functionality, understanding customer networks, and listening to
customers that are interested in engaging in a trial or
You will develop and cultivate relationships where your role is to
ensure customers and partners are connected to our product, our
employees, and the world class processes needed to deliver a
consistent, predictable engagement with high quality. You will work
with customers and BackBox employees to ensure customers' issues
are resolved in a timely manner to meet their expectations and
requirements for the sale of the products.
Your duties and responsibilities include:
- Performing technical pre-sales support demonstrations of
- Provide installation services, sometimes onsite, for
proof-of-concepts, trials, or Customer purchases.
- Some travel may be required (approximately 25%) to accommodate
customer on-site visits when necessary for services where onsite
support is required, or the customer has engaged in onsite
- Manage pre-sale customer issues, escalating to Engineering when
- Leading and conducting customer and partner webinars.
- Responding to technical questions or challenges presented by
customers during evaluations, including any mitigations or workflow
ideas that may help customers save time and money.
- Collaborating with all other BackBox Employees, when necessary,
for assistance with customer questions or issues and dispersing
knowledge within the organization.
- Maintaining and continually increasing your knowledge and
understanding, not only of BackBox, but network interaction and
- Training other team members and departments, when necessary,
for example sales, renewals, support, and marketing.
- Understanding, refining, defining, and documenting customer
requirements, including the configuration and troubleshooting of
- Working closely with marketing on upcoming engagements and
- Providing timely customer feedback to the Product and
Engineering teams on features and functionality.
- Collecting pertinent information from customers to understand
use cases, requirements, and criteria to win a customer's
- Participating in weekly staff meetings.
- Producing knowledge base articles and documentation
- Occasional training delivery duties may be required to address
learning needs for new employees or internal/external
How success will be measured:
- Standard KPIs and metrics, for example case volume, time to
respond, correctness of the solution provided, and time to
Keywords: Backbox Software US Inc, Dallas , Sales Engineer, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!