Company: Fiesta Mart
Posted on: March 19, 2023
The Tortilla Operator's main responsibility is to prepare corn and flour tortillas, and merchandise the products on shelves and floor displays.
* Prepare corn and flour tortilla masa mix for products.
* Understanding proper product preparation including ingredients, recipes, and use of product.
* Operate and adjust tortilla oven and related machines.
* Takes tortilla orders as necessary.
* Merchandise tortilla products on shelves, and floor displays.
* Maintaining adequate stock levels to ensure adequate production of tortilla products.
* Recognize product quality, understands product rotation and proper item location placement.
* Prepare production reports to monitor quality standards of tortillas (finished product).
* Communicate positively with co-workers and customers on product and assignments.
* Maintain equipment (clean, lubricate, graphite).
* Communicate equipment malfunctions to management.
* Disassemble and reassemble equipment for maintenance.
* Ensures all manufacturing and cooking facilities meet proper food safety guidelines.
* Keeps clean, neat and orderly work areas, including a well swept production area.
Secondary Job Duties:
* Restock and use supply items efficiently to eliminate waste and to maintain the lowest supply cost.
* Sweep floors, clean utensils and work tables, wipe counter tops, and front of display cases.
* Keep display cases, cooler and freezer organized and clean; clean walls, fans, drains, and equipment.
* Present favorable impression in dress, personal hygiene and business attitude.
* Notify management of associate theft, customer shoplifting, unauthorized mark downs or property defacement.
* Other duties assigned by management.
* High School diploma or equivalent experience.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Can handle speed and pressure in response to the demands of the job and within quality control guidelines.
Never- 0%, Occasionally- 1-33%, Frequently- 34-66%, Continuously- 67-100%
* Occasionally- Sitting, pushing and pulling up to 50 lbs., climbing up to 8 foot height, kneeling, and crouching.
* Frequently- Carrying up to 10 lbs., lifting up to 10 lbs., bending, balancing, stooping, and reaching waist/overhead level.
* Continuously- Standing on tile/concrete, walking on tile/concrete, handling, manual dexterity, talking, seeing, hearing and smelling.
Safety Risk Factors:
* Occasionally-Loud noise, cluttered floor surface, contact with skin irritants, toxic exposure (see material safety data sheets), nuisance dust, fumes, sprays, and hazardous cleaning solutions.
* Frequently-Twisting of back and neck, slippery floor surface and contact with sharp objects.
* Continuously-Hazardous equipment (mechanical moving parts)
* Varied, irregular schedules.
* Working environment involves inside store location with controlled temperatures.
Keywords: Fiesta Mart, Dallas , Tortilleria Clerk, Other , Dallas, Texas
here to apply!