Senior Field Solution Architect - Converged
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Sr. Field Solution Architect (FSA) role focuses on pre-sales
solution design. This role is responsible for working with internal
and external sales teams to plan and organize sales strategies. The
incumbent analyzes the sales environment including customer
expectations, competitive environment as well as the customer's
technical environment and define actions to be performed in the
sales cycle timeframe.
The Sr. FSA develops and maintains strategic relationships with
Sales Management of the teams they support and seen as a trusted
advisor to grow business.
The Sr. FSA is expected to be subject matter expert in multiple
families of solutions.
The incumbent in this role operates independently using standard
approaches, existing tools, templates, and resources; shares
knowledge and information that may benefit the team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Is a passionate learner who demonstrates continuous learning by
proactively expanding technical depth in products, solutions, and
services. If pertinent, achieves certifications in advanced
technologies for CDW's Partner Certification Requirements.
- Operates with the perspective and insight that business needs,
not just technology, establish the limits on what can be
- Designs technical solutions using standard approaches,
considering the customer's infrastructure limitations and
opportunities; analyzes, interprets, and presents assessment
- Determines and defines services that complement and/or round
out proposed hardware and software engagements, estimates required
- Uses team tools, templates, resources, and processes for
maximum efficiency, productivity, consistency, and high quality
- Provides feedback to technology leaders where opportunities
exist to improve offerings, design, and delivery
- Conducts technology/solutions training for CDW audiences (e.g.,
Sales, ISAs), using developed material.
- Contributes to the team's knowledge base and readily shares
knowledge with other FSAs, ISAs, and Sales.
- Assists new team members by answering questions and sharing
expertise on the tools of the job.
- Assists new hires by answering questions and sharing
- Follows up on implemented solutions and identifies new
opportunities that complement the work that was completed.
- Researches and reviews customer profile information; applies
knowledge of the vertical to develop customer intimacy prior to
sales calls and/or strategy sessions.
- Assists customer in understanding their equipment maintenance
contracts, upgrade needs, and renewals; analyses the most
cost-effective approach for the customer (e.g., renew the contract
or purchase new equipment and contract.)
- Uses various tools to calculate the Total Cost of Ownership
and/or Return on Investment and explains to customers and Sales the
business value of a solution and its benefits.
- Articulates to customers the Practice's value proposition;
articulates audience-centric version of the value proposition to
customers, account managers, and partners and uses it to generate
additional revenue opportunities for CDW.
- Guides (compares and contrasts) customers in their decision
making within CDW Tier 1 Partners Technologies/Solutions (EMC vs.
NetApp, EMC vs. IBM); influences, guides and partners with
customers to develop their IT strategy.
- Plans and executes events in territory by replicating plans
from other successful events; secures funding to support CDW
customer events; drives attendance to sponsored events.
- Leads business-focused technology solution presentations at
CDW, Customer, and Partner events and meetings in your
- Uses technology assessments and demos as a sales tool for
furthering sales opportunities; identifies cross sell-and/or
up-sell opportunities for an engagement, equips/assists FSAs and
Sales to pursue it.
- Collaborates with Partners, ISAs, and AEs to drive mapped
opportunities; fine tunes strategies and approaches to achieve
greater sales results.
- Operates in a regular cadence with multiple partners to
educate, plan, and execute on joint strategies in collaboration
with multiple stakeholders (ISA, AE, SM, Field Sales); understands
partner alignment in geography and leads customer opportunity
mapping exercises; coordinates on-site partner visits.
- Develops a detailed and ambitious Territory Plan in
collaboration with Partners, AEs, and ISAs and uses it to manage
- Understands profit margin and how to increase profitability;
works cooperatively with field sales to ensure healthy
profitability. Leverages and maximizes partner pricing, partner
registration programs, incentive programs, and special pricing, to
win business and ensure healthy profitability, provides input on
pricing to Account Managers, Field Sales, FSAs, and Partners to
increase margin and deal size and position CDW for future
opportunities; negotiates pricing with Partners.
- Produces marketing-type documents and materials (e.g.,
presentation) to customer in territory.
- Responds to questions about partner registrations, associated
registration issues, and customer engagement history.
- Prioritizes time spent on opportunities based on potential
return on investment.
- Produces Bills of Materials, including product maintenance;
writes Statements of Work (including work estimates), RFPs, RFIs,
and proposal content.
- Maintains pre-sales pipeline data, develops plans, and takes
actions to move opportunities to closure.
Keywords: CDW, Dallas , Senior Field Solution Architect - Converged, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...