Aircraft Mechanic (Heavy Structures)
Company: L3Harris Technologies
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Description: Job Title: Aircraft Mechanic (Heavy Structures)Job
Number: IMS20231109-105900 Job Location: Greenville, TXSchedule:
Must be available to work any shift
$2,500 Hire Bonus
$2,500 Security Clearance Bonus
$2,500 Airframe License Bonus
$2,500 Powerplant License Bonus
Requires sufficient working knowledge and understanding in the
structural repair and maintenance of airframes.
- Possess a working knowledge of military, commercial, or general
- Reliability, communications skills, workmanship, and good
judgment are essential traits.
Mechanics may be cross trained to develop expertise in specific
disciplines, including Aircraft Electrical; Aircraft Fuel Systems;
Aircraft Hydraulic/Pneumatic Systems; Powerplant Maintenance; Fuel
Cell Maintenance; Structural Repair/Modification;
Mechanics work under general oversight and guidance in disassembly,
assembling, checking, repairing, replacing, testing, adjusting,
installing, servicing, fabricating and other operations required to
maintain the airworthiness of aircraft and all their components
while in service or while undergoing overhaul and/or
This position requires ability to obtain a secret security
clearance from the US government which requires US Citizenship.
May include, but are not limited to:
- Read and work from drawings, blueprints, sketches, written
procedures, planned work orders, technical work orders, work cards
and any other authorized reference material.
- Perform both major and minor structural modifications such as
laying out and assembling first article floor mounted type console
and rack assemblies with or without the aid of templates, jigs,
- Perform flightline operations, hangar maintenance, modification
or repairs on a variety of aircraft.
- Perform upholstery interior trim repairs and/or
- Perform general inspections, corrosion control
- Perform aircraft servicing, as required.
- Fabricate and obtain parts, within approved
- Operate and utilize necessary ground support equipment,
including, but not limited to, auxiliary power carts, portable
lighting, air conditioning or other ventilation equipment as
- Enter and retrieve production and other job-related data or
information using computer systems or other electronic data
- Remove, install and rig externally mounted components utilizing
boom and scissor type lifts and/or other support
- Use forklift trucks, overhead crane systems, small tugs to move
support equipment, aircraft parts, and components.
- Perform other incidental work as assigned that may be performed
safely using tools that are commonly available including assembly
of minor scaffolding in production areas.
- Responsible for clean work areas, tools, and equipment in order
to maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Required to work in small spaces inside aircraft, on top
aircraft with harness, climb and stand on ladder/mobile stands to
work over head, in close proximity with other individuals.
Tools, Materials, and Equipment:
- Employees in this classification may work with and use all
tools, materials, machines, instruments, and equipment necessary to
perform their duties.
- Management may determine that specific training or
certifications are required for certain work, jobs, tools,
equipment, or assignments.
- Does not require you to have your own tools. L3Harris will
- Three years experience as an Aircraft Heavy Sheet Metal
Structural Mechanic with extensive experience
- Able to meet the physical demands of this position to include
by not limited to: lifting 50+ pounds, prolong standing, repetitive
movements, using hand tools, climbing ladders, working in confined
spaces, and no fear of heights.
- Requires the ability to read, write, and communicate in
- This position requires the ability to work any shift and
overtime as needed.
- Experience reading and intrepreting OEM blue prints for big
- Ability to work with computers.
Keywords: L3Harris Technologies, Dallas , Aircraft Mechanic (Heavy Structures), Other , Greenville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!