Tool Crib Coordinator
Posted on: November 18, 2023
The Production Coordinator's prime objective is to manage the
day-to-day operation of the Production department and Tool
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Works with equipment manufacturers and maintenance staff on set
up of preventative maintenance task and spare parts inventory.
- Perform annual stock room cycle counts.
- Track and report on Storeroom KPI's (Key Process Indicators) to
monitor stockroom performance.
- Maintains computerized procurement and inventory records by
data entry in Oracle by account, cost center and project.
- Reviews requisitions and confers with vendors to obtain
products and service information such as price, availability, and
- Email purchase orders to vendors.
- Works closely with maintenance staff on continuously improving
programs by editing tasks and frequencies when approved by
- Generates monthly order requisitions and purchase orders.
- Works closely with Finance teams to expedite receiving and
accounts payable processes and resolves invoice discrepancies with
- Owns vendor managed inventory programs.
- Second source parts and/or suppliers as needed to meet plant
- Provide copies of daily MRO summary reports to Manager.
- Prepares and issues purchase orders and change notices.
- Attend and support follow-up meetings with different
departments supported by the storeroom function. Work closely with
production and maintenance personnel to assure their needs are
- Work with MRO users and buyers to identify supplier improvement
- Maintain historical purchase volumes and negotiate with
suppliers to further reduce costs.
- Responsible for ensuring storage and work areas are clean and
- Strictly adhere to all federal, state, local and company safety
- All other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Five (5) plus years related experience in purchasing, maintenance
planning, and/or inventory analysis is required. Experience
managing repair parts stock and inventory levels including cycle
counts for inventory management. Experience using CMMS and ERP
systems is required; SAP experience is a plus.
High school diploma or GED. Associates Degree in inventory
management / accounting or related field preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Candidate must have strong analytical skills and MS Excel skills.
High attention to detail and strong follow-up skills are necessary.
A solid working knowledge of MS excel software is needed. Excellent
communication skills and the ability to work cross functionally
with various internal departments, stakeholders and supplier
partners are key requirements. Must have capability to effectively
manage information and to communicate effectively with both
internally and externally. General knowledge in mechanical,
electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and plumbing systems. Proven
ability to manage workflow with frequent interruptions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
Approximately 75% of work is performed in an office environment and
25% of work may involve being in the manufacturing or processing
floor environment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
up to 50 lbs. While performing the duties of this job, the employee
is occasionally exposed to wet and/ or humid conditions; moving
mechanical parts; high, precarious places and extreme heat. The
environment may contain allergens. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time,
with or without notice.
Keywords: Sabert, Dallas , Tool Crib Coordinator, Other , Greenville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!