Governance, Risk and Compliance Intern (Remote)
Posted on: November 20, 2023
Who is Trace3?
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique
technology solutions and consulting services to our clients.
Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower
IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive
advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the
advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career
and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than
1,200 people all over the United States. Our major field office
locations include Denver, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington,
Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Francisco.
Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We
continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a
focus on the "big picture." We exercise sound business judgment in
making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective
manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to
find positive solutions to different problems.
Juice - The "Stuff" it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title,
empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the
goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to
success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels
Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the
company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes,
give credit where it's due and demonstrate transparency. We "bring
the weather" by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused
thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures -
not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the
people around us.
About the Role:
Do you have a dynamic personality? Are you passionate about
cybersecurity and want to support a wide variety of opportunities
and initiatives related to security consulting? Do you have
excellent active listening skills and can apply critical thinking
quickly and effectively? If so, you may be a great fit for the
Security Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) team!
As part of the Trace3xperience Program, the Governance, Risk, and
Compliance Tracer (Intern) will support all aspects of the GRC team
and market offerings. Activities will include learning to align
information security with client business goals using a risk-based
approach in the core areas of IT security, including Identity and
Access Management, Data Security, Applications Security, Network
Security and Engineering, Security Program Strategy, and
Operations. You will also attend client and sales calls to shadow
and learn about Trace3 consulting and delivery.
Tracers in this program will receive accelerated professional
development, exposure to all technical functions of an IT
consulting organization, world-class mentoring, and unique
networking opportunities across the organization.
What You can Expect to Learn and Do:
- You will learn:
- About security consulting and how to approach the market
- How the role of Governance, Risk, and Compliance is integrated
within a security organization
- How to implement industry security frameworks (e.g., NIST, CSF)
and translate these into tailored, prescriptive control
environments to guide security program investments in people,
processes, and technology
- How to develop security program strategies and
- How to develop deliverables and presentations for an
- You will:
- Attend discovery, strategy, or sales/scoping calls
- Assist with the development of client deliverables (e.g., risk
assessments, policy and procedures, or technology roadmaps)
- Support the build or enhancements of GRC offerings
- And more activities, as identified, defined, and prioritized by
the GRC team Qualifications & Interests:
- Enrollment in the Junior or Senior year of an undergraduate
program or in a masters program at an accredited college or
- Candidates should be pursuing a field of study applicable to
information technology, cybersecurity, or computer security with a
focus or interest in assurance/governance/risk/compliance
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better; People
and Organizational Health may require a copy of the applicant's
- Academic or professional/internship experience working in a
professional setting is a plus but not required
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and accepts
direction on given assignments
- Self-motivated individuals with a customer mindset and desire
to help people
- Enthusiasm for technical problem solving with attention to
detail and strong communication skills
- Ability to learn and research in a dynamic and engaging
- Availability to work 40 hours per week throughout the
internship The Perks:
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings
Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
***To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited
agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our
careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company
location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to
Actual salary will be based on a variety of factors, including
location, experience, skill set, performance, licensure and
certification, and business needs. The range for this position in
other geographic locations may differ. Certain positions may also
be eligible for variable incentive compensation, such as bonuses or
commissions, that is not included in the base salary.
Estimated Pay Range
$19 - $24 USD
Keywords: Trace3, Dallas , Governance, Risk and Compliance Intern (Remote), Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!