Submission for the position: Patient Care Tech - (Job Number: 24001998)
Company: Baylor Scott & White Healthcare
Posted on: February 10, 2024
$1000 Sign on Bonus
- Med Surg- Telemetry
- Full Time
- Baylor University Medical Center- Dallas, TX.
The Patient Care Technician performs various patient care duties
for the department under the direct supervision of a licensed nurse
or other medical staff. Helps in the delivery of patient care and
meeting the needs of the family or significant other and follows
the plan of care, which includes the age and/or development stage
of the patient.
Why become a PCT?
- Help people - It is a rewarding job that can make a positive
impact to people's lives daily.
- Training - You will be provided ongoing training from day one
to help you be successful.
- Variety - Each day is different. You will get a chance to care
for different patients with various illness and treatment plans
where you will get to use different skills.
- Opportunity - Being a PCT can be your steppingstone to other
careers at Baylor Scott and White such as Monitor Techs or ED Techs
and is a great experience for those looking to become Registered
What can you expect to do as a PCT?
- Collect and record patient Data, record vital signs and help
patients with activities of daily living (ADL)
- Answer call lights and complete patient rounds
- Help with completing/maintaining files and forms for admission,
transfer and discharges.
- Taking care of patient personal hygiene and help with patient
- Comply with Baylor Scott and White policies and procedures.
What will make you successful as a PCT?
- Compassion -This is both a physically and emotionally
fast-paced job. Compassion for patients is one of the biggest
factors in becoming successful.
- Communication -Clear communication with patients and staff,
both verbally and in writing.
- Positive attitude -You will see people in some of their worst
moments. Having a positive attitude can help brighten the lives of
those you care for.
- Teamwork -The ability to work with other healthcare
professionals, such as nurses and physicians, is the key to give
better patient care.
Baylor Scott and White Health's Core Values
- We serve faithfully by doing what's right with a joyful
- We never settleby constantly striving for better.
- We are in it together by supporting one another and those we
- We make an impactby courageously taking initiative and
delivering exceptional experiences.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based on position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION -
- Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of hire or
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Healthcare, Dallas , Submission for the position: Patient Care Tech - (Job Number: 24001998), Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!