Executive, Application Development (FSB) - Omni Channel
Location: The Colony
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Purpose of Job The ED, Application Development performs strategic
and operational planning, ensures application development is
effectively delivered, and manages to best in class cost efficiency
and system availability standards. This role drives continuous
innovation and adoption of industry best practices by providing
state-of-the-art bank technology solutions and routinely meets with
and updates the CIO team, senior business leaders, and other
enterprise partners regarding the health of the technology stack
and performance. This role plans, coordinates, and supervises all
activities related to the design, development, and implementation
of the organization's applications development and systems analysis
function. Job Requirements Managerial Responsibilities * Leads
design and execution of USAA's application development strategy,
taking into account USAA's broader business strategy and complex
regulations and supervisory expectations, including how they apply
in a matrixed commercial environment.
* Role models USAA's mission, core values, culture and desired
behaviors - including a sound risk culture.
* Develops talent in the application development team to deliver
performance and results - including the identification, development
and retention of talent with requisite application development
* Drives operations of the application development team- including
core business processes and technologies.
* Holds self and others accountable for meeting commitments by
setting and clearly communicating expectations and responsibilities
relative to application development, including Cloud computing,
data center operations, and DevOps. Technical and Risk
Responsibilities * Leads development, identification,
implementation and maintenance of organization software application
in coordination with senior management.
* Leads matrixed and multi-level teams to set the agenda for key
development and technical activities, and manages multiple
development teams supporting different lines of businesses.
* Accountable for operating within established policies and
guidelines, and acting in accordance with applicable laws,
regulations, and supervisory guidance, including those related to
consumer protection, including ensuring policy exceptions are
promptly and effectively assessed and escalated.
* Assists with comprehensive reviews of the USAA application
development practices to ensure they are consistent with corporate
policies, information governance, and security goals.
* Responsible for developing, maintaining, testing, and monitoring
an internal control environment, including information systems and
preventative and detective controls, to effectively manage material
* Maintains an understanding of all USAA application and relevant
customer bases to build and maintain application that meet both
USAA standards, member requirements, and regulatory
* Directs the design, and development to ensure applications are
appropriately established, tested and governed.
* Identifies, assesses, measures, monitors, and controls material
risks consistent with the risk appetite and risk tolerance,
including the development, adherence, monitoring, reporting on risk
limits and risk limit utilization. Adheres to all policies and
processes established within the USAA Risk Governance Framework for
* Responsible for technology leadership including evaluation and
possible adoption of various emerging technologies as needed to
fulfill business needs.
* Works with compliance, risk management, and the business to
ensure existing and new services align with applications
* Oversees, directs, delivers, and ensures delivery of initial
application training and orientation to all employees, volunteers,
contractors, alliances, business associates and other appropriate
* Serves as a trusted advisor to the business on application
development assessments against proposed rules.
* Develops, communicates, and reinforces, risk appetite and risk
tolerance throughout the organization in a manner that causes all
employees to align their risk-taking decisions.
* Responsible for developing, distributing, supporting, enforcing,
and integrating best practices and technology standards across the
* Identifies, develops, attracts, and retains talent that have the
knowledge, skills, and abilities to effectively identify, measure,
monitor, and control risks. Minimum Requirements * 10+ years of
experience in technical discipline (e.g. software development and
engineering, information technology) with a proven track record
leading comparable operations and programs (e.g. complex software
solutions and systems).
* 6+ years of relevant experience in a large financial institution
in a supervisory role as team lead in a senior architect role
making design decisions, or in a senior engineering management
* 4+ years of people leadership experience in building, managing
and/or developing high-performing teams.
* Bachelor's degree required (e.g. computer science, information
technology, or software engineering). Regulatory Understanding
Maintains in-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements and
supervisory expectations / laws including domestic and global data
privacy protection standards impacting the organization's risk
management framework, governance, standards, capabilities and risk
strategy across all lines of business, including OCC, Federal
Reserve, FFIEC, FDIC, CFPB, and FinCEN expectations. Certifications
& Advanced Degrees * Business and Technical acumen and knowledge
specific to Banking
* Experience with aligning delivery and support of Tech services to
Bank industry compliance and regulatory requirements.
* Experience delivering on Digital capabilities in the Banking
* Masters degree in a technical field or MBA preferred.
* Additional certifications in application development preferred.
Keywords: USAA, Dallas , Executive, Application Development (FSB) - Omni Channel, Other , The Colony, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!