Company: Cox Automotive
Posted on: November 12, 2019
.This position is responsible for managing Auction operations under
supervision of the General Manager.? The?Assistant General
Manager?is responsible for attaining optimum efficiency and economy
of Auction operations to maximize profits, while demonstrating
leadership behaviors consistent with Manheim?s Code of Conduct.
- Assist and work with General Manager to manage, direct and
coordinate the overall operations of the Auction.
- Work and communicate with department managers to achieve
Auction sales and financial goals and objectives while maintaining
an efficient operation.
- Foster open communication with Auction employees, and clearly
communicate importance of team?s vision, direction, and priorities.
Seek and share information and use appropriate influence strategies
to gain genuine commitment.?
- Actively seek to provide development opportunities for staff;
provide specific and objective feedback to maximize
- Assist with preparation of annual budget by reviewing sales
results, expenses and other financial data, such as payroll,
accounts receivable, accounts payable and other expenses.
- Assist Arbitration in resolving customer problems to attain
mutual agreement and satisfaction.
- Communicate with General Manager, Assistant General Managers
and other department managers to identify potential problems or
issues in Auction operations.
- Maintain ongoing awareness of market conditions and trends to
ensure timely and effective reaction to market changes.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships to ensure quality
of service and products.?
- Review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor staffing
levels to ensure efficiency, quality of work product, and effective
customer service; review departmental performance against key
performance indicators and metrics and develop and execute
strategies for improvement.
- Lead effective management of dealer and commercial customer
relationships and service levels.
- Manage the activities of various departments, including the
office, arbitration, transportation, commercial accounts & customer
support, marketing & promotions, online, and TRA/Specialty
- Effectively leads the management team at the location by
setting an example in behavior, championing Cox/Manheim values and
ensuring that all employees are treated with respect.
- Continually communicates with department managers and
supervisors to coordinate activities of the departments.?
- Create location?s goals and objectives that can be cascaded
throughout the location to drive coordinated efforts and
- Work closely with all managers/supervisors to ensure that all
employees receive a written performance review and that rewards are
linked to these appraisals; and ensure that performance is
management at all levels throughout the year.?
- Partner with management team at location to identify talent and
create targeted development plans.
- Support and promoting a safe and secure work environment for
all employees, customers and vendors.
- Enforce all company policies and procedures related to employee
and customer conduct.?
- Partner with various market level support teams (i.e. Finance,
HR, MFS, Recon, Safety, Security, Sales) to ensure effective and
efficient operational processes that align with company objectives
and strategies and high quality customer service and support.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety
and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such.
Work in cooperation with safety leadership in support of all safety
activities aligned with Safety Excellence.??
- Supports and promotes all of company?s efforts related to
Online/OVE sales and promotions.
- Continue to maintain and cultivate strong relationships with
all Commercial and Dealer customers by engaging them by various
means: auction sale day; at a customer's place of business; at
company sponsored events, trade shows, and conventions; and at
industry and trade associations.
- Support the sales efforts by cultivating open lines of
communication between location's customer support and market
- Providing leadership and training for managers of customer
facing departments at the locations.
- Ensuring that high standards of customer service are maintained
in all departments at the location: Lot, Office, Customer Support,
- Perform other duties as assigned by
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years managerial experience required.??
- Bachelor?s degree in Business Administration, Management,
Finance, Economics, or equivalent preferred.
- Strong Sales, Financial and/or Administrative Management
- Experience in the automobile or Auction industry required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and interaction skills
- Effective management, leadership and organizational skills
- Good computer and software knowledge, as well as experience
with AS400 essential.
- Strong customer focus and ability to build relationships
- Ability to solve complex problems and make sound, strategic
business decisions required.
About Cox AutomotiveCox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling and
owning cars easier for everyone, while also enabling mobility
services. The global company?s 34,000-plus team members and family
of brands, including Autotrader?, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com?,
Dealertrack?, Kelley Blue Book?, Manheim?, NextGear Capital?,
VinSolutions?, vAuto??and Xtime?,?are passionate about helping
millions of car shoppers, tens of thousands of auto dealer clients
across five continents and many others throughout the automotive
industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a
subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned,
Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding
$20?billion.?www.coxautoinc.comCox is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will
receive consideration for employment without regard to that
individual?s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin
or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender,
gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status,
genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by law.Statement to ALL Third-Party
Agencies and Similar Organizations:? Cox accepts resumes only from
agencies with which we formally engage their services.?? Please do
not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox
employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is
not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited
Keywords: Cox Automotive, Dallas , AGM, Other , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!