Business Office Clerk
Company: Surgical Care Affiliates
Posted on: November 11, 2019
OverviewSCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry,
strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health
systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical
facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities,
including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in
partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more
information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.??Facility
Description:?The position is for the Bedford, Texas location at
multi-specialty facility, free-standing ambulatory surgery center.?
The Center is conveniently located in the Hurst, Euless, Bedford
(HEB) area.? We are a joint venture with local physicians, Texas
Health Resources and Surgical Care Affiliates.? ?At our Center,
teammates strive to provide the highest quality of care for our
patients and physicians through teamwork, accountability and
integrity.Accountabilities / ResponsibilitiesThis position is the
?face? of the facility. The teammate will provide support to the
facility by performing specific or various business office
functions as assigned. These functions are to include (but not
limited to):?Surgery Scheduling, Medical Records, Admissions
Intake, Greeting patients/visitors, maintaining appearance of the
lobby, Answering Phones, Accounts Payable data entry, Collections,
Insurance Verification, Transaction Posting and other clerical
duties as assigned ??Key Responsibilities:
- Greet and direct visitors to the correct departments.
- Verify patient identity, financial, demographic and insurance
- Direct patient to complete and review forms.
- Obtain patient/responsible party signatures.
- Accept and record patient cost share payments.
- Maintain visitor sign in.
- Maintain clean and tidy waiting room/lobby area.
- Verify vendor appointments and direct vendor to complete
- Act as a resource for facility visitors and physicians.
- Answer incoming calls to the facility. Relay information in
accurate, concise manner.
- Intercept faxes and distribute to appropriate department.
- Scan Document Central to HST
- Maintain patient privacy per HIPAA regulations.
- Prepare charts for next day cases, ensuring medical records
from previous visit are retrieved.
- Ensures the accuracy of filing paperwork in medical
- Any additional functions assigned by the Business Office
Coordinator and/or Administrator??Qualifications
- Bilingual ? Spanish/English Preferred
- 5 years work experience of surgery scheduling or surgical
technician experience preferred.
- Computer experience, Medical software and applications, Word,
- Knowledge of office machines (i.e. computer, scanner, fax,
copier, multi-line phone system with voicemail, etc.).
- Have ability to communicate effectively with patient, payors,
physicians, and other teammates
- Possess working knowledge of medical terminology, insurance
lines of business and standard coordination of benefits
- Have the ability to evaluate problematic situations and
multiple alternative scenarios and come to independent conclusions
on how to respond
- Ability to provide direction to others that is clear, concise
and promotes efficiency throughout the center
- Knowledgeable of HIPPA guidelines, Red Flag Rules, and Medicare
Conditions of Coverage requirements
- Is courteous, understanding and sympathetic toward patients,
physicians and others.
- Ability to cross train and multitask, be flexible with work
schedule, maintain regular attendance and s
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and work
- Ability to interact in a positive manner and to communicate
well with patients, families, co-workers, supervisor and other
facility employees.Please send resumes
Keywords: Surgical Care Affiliates, Dallas , Business Office Clerk, Other , Bedford, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!