Inventory Control Clerk
Company: Klein Tools - Lincolnshire
Posted on: February 16, 2020
The Inventory Control Clerk works under general supervision of
the Picking Supervisor and is responsible for all aspects of the
inspection process of vendor, inter-company, and returned goods, as
well as creating and maintaining all inventory locations in the
- Investigate discrepancies in picked product or customer
complaints and audit counts of product in storage or stock
locations as necessary to ensure proper inventory.
- Update records of inventory in storage or stock locations by
updating the warehouse management system when discrepancies are
- Set-up new and adjust existing storage and stock locations in
the warehouse management system to ensure proper inventory
placement based on height, weight, and dimensions of the
- Troubleshoot minor RF scanner issues or send to outside vendor
for major repair.
- Determine product location if bar code cannot be scanned by
researching established locations in the Enterprise Resource
Management (ERP) system.
- Ensure bar codes from vendors and internal locations are able
to scan and the information matches the item.
- Ensure all product received from outside vendors and internal
plants meet pallet configuration requirements for height, width,
and pallet size.
- Read delivery receipts and packing lists to verify quantities
and part numbers received on shipments.
- Verify quality of product packaging coming in and going out of
the distribution center and relay any damages to the Picking
- Complete quarterly cycle counts of all inventory by counting
inventory in locations and comparing counts to the warehouse
management system to ensure accuracy of inventory and address any
- Complete audit of outbound staged pallets to ensure product was
correctly picked prior to shipping.
- May unload and load freight by operating a Forklift.
- May need to move product through various departments by
operating a Forklift or Pallet Jack.
- Inform Picking Supervisor of product non-conformance issues,
such as wrong counts or picks, product damage, shortages, and refer
invoicing issues to appropriate party in order to process customer
credits or charges.
- Perform daily safety inspections of material handling
- Observe all safety guidelines and report safety concerns to
- Follow Six Sigma lean manufacturing standards to keep work area
clean and safe from hazards.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.High School Diploma/GED
with three years of relevant work experience required. Associate's
Degree preferred. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand
basic English. Must possess knowledge in updating data and
navigating through warehouse management systems and various vendor
websites (UPS, Fed Ex, Home Depot, etc.). Experience with IMI
Series (AS400) and Boss is preferred.Must be able to operate a
Class II Order Picker and Class II Stand-Up Forklift, RF Scanner,
and Pallet Jack. Strong math skills in the areas of addition,
subtraction, multiplication, division and calculator usage. Strong
organizational skills. Ability to demonstrate strong attention to
detail. Ability to develop extensive product knowledge. Ability to
keep track of different on-going issues at any given time. Ability
to effectively communicate with supervisors and co-workers. Ability
to work with minimal supervision and at an efficient pace so
workflow is consistent.Phsyical Demand Requirements:Regularly
required to stand, sit, walk, bend, and lift; use hands to finger,
handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms; The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach above
shoulders, climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl;
talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must lift and/or move
objects up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
focus.DISCLAIMER: This position may include exposure to radio
frequencies that may be dangerous to individuals with a pacemaker,
consult with your doctor.Street: 501 Easy Drive ID: 2020-3748
External Company Name: Klein Tools Inc. External Company URL:
Keywords: Klein Tools - Lincolnshire, Dallas , Inventory Control Clerk, Professions , Mansfield, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!