Company: MV Transportation
Posted on: February 16, 2020
Job DescriptionMV Transportation is seeking a Pricing Analyst.
It is expected that the Pricing Director will embrace teamwork,
accountability and good management skills to motivate and improve
the Company's pricing functions while also maintaining a high-level
strategic view consistent with Company objectives and competitive
trends.This position is a key analyst role that is responsible for
managing cross-functional inputs into the bid model once an RFP is
received. The Pricing Analyst gathers and records information
required to formulate, develop, and submit well-constructed bid
models that meet business margin and strategic requirements. This
individual provides vital organization, control, and structure to
the bid model preparation process.This position works closely with
Business Development, Operations, Finance, Production, HR and other
internal functions to manage financial inputs into the bid model.
The person in this position must encourage communication among team
members, foster mutual trust, and strengthen the team's commitment
to achieve the company's financial goals.The objective of this
position is to enable more accurate, thoughtful, and efficient
bidding, and assisting Pricing Directors to complete bid models on
a timely basis.Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and summarize RFPs to identify items impacting
- Convert data from RFP to Excel to be used in bid model
- Research internal comparative data to support bid model
- Prepare client pricing pages.
- Update bid status in Salesforce.
- Act as liaison between Pricing, Business Development and other
cross functional areas.
- Perform data requests and other bid-related research (pricing,
RFP scoring, competitive analysis, etc.).
- Support continuous improvement efforts to refine and improve
the bid model process.
- Analyze actual results compared to bid model to enhance pricing
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Finance or Accounting with three (3) to
five (5) years experience in analytical role supporting decisions
and managing data.
- Demonstrated use of advanced modelling and analysis.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office with strong skills in Excel
(vlookups, macros, pivot tables).
- Ability to read through client provided documents and identify
relevant cost items.
- Positive attitude with an ability to build cross-functional
- High level of flexibility and adaptability to meet rapidly
changing challenges in a dynamic environment.MV Transportation is
committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not
discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race,
color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical
or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic
information or any other legally recognized protected basis under
federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The
information collected by this application is solely to determine
suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment
statistics on applicants.Where permissible under applicable state
and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug
test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of
employment.Employee Type: Full-TimeLocation: 2711 North Haskell
Avenue Dallas, TXJob Type: AccountingFinanceOtherExperience: Not
SpecifiedDate Posted: 29/1/2020
Keywords: MV Transportation, Dallas , Pricing Analyst, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!