Architect (multiple openings)
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Overview:Our Dallas office is looking for an experienced
Architect (multiple openings) to join the
- Participate in architecture design for hospitality
- Under general supervision modify or create documents and
drawings, applying architectural techniques and procedures
requiring independent judgment.
- Perform architectural assignments and design
- Perform design computations.
- Write reports or specifications for assigned project.
- Analyze site survey, drawings, photos and notes of existing
conditions to provide a optimize solution for technical issues of
design in relation to site, structure, HVAC, electrical and
plumbing system, fire protection and materials.
- Prepare complex detailed project drawings with minimal
supervision using diverse knowledge of architecture principles and
practices and advanced techniques.
- Review project drawings and assist in establishing and
maintaining dimensional control. Assignments may include
higher-level work for training/development purposes.
- Validate the code and zoning requirements for assigned segment
of project are met.
- Attend client, consultant and construction meetings, maintain
communication and coordination with all consulting disciplines
during the design development, construction documentation and
construction administration phases of the project.
- Perform 2D and 3D modeling and use software, including Revit,
AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino, Enscape, Lumion, V-ray, Adobe Photoshop,
Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign and Microsoft suite.
- Analyze client's functional and spatial requirements for site,
program and structure and formulating design solutions.
- Coordinate and meet with civil, mechanical, electrical,
plumbing, fire protection (MEP/FP), lighting, landscape, code,
traffic, parking, public relations, signage, acoustic, security,
curtain wall, special systems, geotechnical, vertical
transportation, and structural consultants to integrate and meet
with design principles.
- Use building information modeling (BIM) Revit to develop BIM
process workflow for projects though all project phases
- Master's or foreign equivalent degree in Architecture and 2
years of experience participating in architecture design for
- 2 years of experience performing design computations.
- 2 years of experience performing 2D and 3D modeling and using
software, including Revit, AutoCAD, Sketchup, Rhino, Enscape,
Lumion, V-ray, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
and Microsoft suite.
- 2 years of experience using BIM Revit to develop BIM process
workflow for projects though all project phases.
- Requires LEED AP certification.
- Requires architectural registration in the state of Texas.
- Requires American Institute of Architects (AIA) membership.
If you currently work for HKS, please submit your application via
the Internal Careers Portal.
HKS is an EEO/AA Employer: M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Keywords: HKS, Dallas , Architect (multiple openings), Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!