Company: Yusen Logistics
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Overview The Supervisor, Exports is responsible for overseeing
Export Agents and managing processes that support the customer's
Air export needs. The position is responsible for ensuring cost
effective export operations, timely service by applying knowledge
of laws, regulations, governing agencies, procedures, audits,
programs, and practices.
- Supervise the functions of Export Agents: prioritizing work,
determining schedules, assigning daily tasks, establishing or
adjusting work procedures to meet changing demands, ensuring
optimum efficiency of all Export Agent activities.
- Supervise and assist in daily export activities including:
consolidating export shipments, recommending best mode of
transportation (rail, air), obtaining best rates and space from
carriers, reviewing customer volumes and ensuring all transactions
are processed accurately and timely.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of customers' needs. Monitors
communications with assigned customers, responds promptly to
customer requirements, concerns and issues and resolves issues
related to all anomalies that interfere with the timely delivery of
the customer's product.
- Performs routine audits and 'closes the file', ensuring rates
charged are accurate, compliance and record-keeping requirements
are met. Institutes corrective action and ensures errors are
- Manages handling of licensed shipments and special accounts
ensuring all aspects of the shipment comply with regulations.
- Implements and follows all security measures including
government required and local security programs; and other duties
- High School diploma or GED plus three to five years of relevant
experience in the freight forwarding industry is required.
- Two years prior supervisory experience is required in air
- Must possess excellent customer service skills with the ability
to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of
internal and external customers.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills to
meet multiple deadlines.
- Must work effectively in a team environment.
- Must have professional verbal and written communication
- Must have prior training and experience in handling hazardous
- Must have knowledge of air export administration regulations
and regulations - TSA, IATA , HAZMAT , ITAR .
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret verbal and written
requests and directions. Must have the ability to compose letters,
memos, emails and other written documentation clearly and
concisely. Be able to present one's self in a highly cooperative
and professional manner when meeting both internal and external
customers and vendors face to face.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month
following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death &
Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition
Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility
requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective
policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc.
operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics
products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated
Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services,
along with transportation solutions all while providing complete
and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit
our website at www.yusen-logistics.com .
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship
status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and
gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected
status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local
laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's
employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting,
hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training,
leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of
Keywords: Yusen Logistics, Dallas , Export Supervisor, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!