Sr. Field Rental Technician
Company: The Home Depot
Posted on: November 22, 2021
MUST LIVE WITHIN 20 MILES OF WEST DALLAS, TXPOSITION PURPOSEThe
Sr. Field Rental Technician is an experienced, highly skilled
mobile repair technician performing repairs on many types of rental
construction equipment. Types of equipment ranging from
earthmoving, aerial, landscaping, and material handling equipment.
Majority of repairs will be on a jobsite or in a mobile
environment. Repairs will range from general repairs and
maintenance, up to more complex repairs on hydraulic, electrical
and diesel engines.--This position reports directly to the Rental
Repair Supervisor (RRS) supporting the overall service efforts at
the Rental Operations Facility (ROF), but primarily repairing and
servicing current customers with repair needs in the field. The Sr
Field Rental Tech will also play a key role to teach and train
other associates passing on their in-depth rental repair and
equipment knowledge.--This position will be required to be on call
with rotating schedule including nights and weekends and will
performs other duties listed on this job descriptions as well as
other duties assigned by the Rental Repair Supervisor.MAJOR TASKS,
RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 70% - Diagnose, maintain and repair all components of the
machine, including gas and diesel engines, hydraulics, electrical
systems, fuel systems, and brake systems.--
- 10% - Documents all work performed on tablet technology,
including completion of work orders to capture parts usage and
labor, performing parts inventory counts, etc. Performs aerial lift
inspections according to required checklist--
- 10% - Provides expert knowledge to all Rental associates and
customer in the proper operation of the equipment and standard
- 5% - Follows safety protocol, including proper storage of
supplies and fuel, proper disposal of waste oils and fluids, and
proper lifting and moving of materials and equipment.
- 5% - Safely operates forklift to load, unload, and move
equipment and materials in the shop and yard.--NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to the Regional Rental Manager
- This position has 0 direct reports--ENVIRONMENTAL JOB
REQUIREMENTSEnvironment: Working conditions include working in the
outdoors and jobsites including in extreme temperatures; working
around dirt, grease, fumes, oils, and chemicals; prolonged exposure
to loud noises from engines, compressors, power tools, and
equipment. Working conditions include significant physical demands
such as lifting (up to 80 lbs) from the waist, lifting from the
shoulder, prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, crawling
underneath equipment, climbing on top of equipment, reaching and
stretching. Environment will require repetitive hand, wrist, and
arm movements, including skilled work with fingers. Occasionally,
employee will be required to work at heights. Must complete a drug
screen and the Essential Job Functions Form prior to
- Must be twenty-one years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United
States.Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in the construction equipment rental
business with related lines of equipment
- Experience and ability to perform advanced troubleshooting and
repairs on electrical systems, hydraulic systems, and diesel
- Ability to read and understand detailed schematics (electrical
and hydraulic) to determine source of mechanical failure.
- Ability to read technical and service manuals.
- Competent in the use of tablet and computer technology to
document service work.
- Ability to consistently and accurately document work
- Good communication and organization skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience, ability and desire to provide an excellent customer
- Working knowledge of handheld technology (smartphone, laptop,
- Education Required: High School Diploma or GED--Years of
Relevant Work Experience: 5 years--Physical Requirements:
- Ability to safely lift 80 lbs minimum.
- Ability to operate in extreme outdoor working conditions.
- Requires a valid driver's license with safe driving record in
order to drive in a CMV capacity, including passing a road test and
obtaining a DOT medical certificate.
- Must be at least age 21 to drive in a CMV capacity.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Resides within 45 miles of target city (ROF Location).
- 5+ years of road tech experience in the equipment rental
- Ability to self-direct and work independently.
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive
- Able to adapt to unforeseen circumstances, including weather,
traffic, and business needs.
- Effective in organization, prioritization, problem solving, and
troubleshooting skills.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and
Competencies:- Action Oriented- Decision Quality- Communicates
Effectively- Customer Focus- Drives Results- Resourcefulness--The
Home Depot Rental is your single source for large equipment,
general tools, trucks and trailers all in one location. With more
than 1,200 convenient locations and a young fleet of pro-quality
tools and equipment, The Home Depot Rental can help you get the job
done. Plus, not only do we offer transportation solutions with our
truck and van rentals, but we also provide onsite delivery service
for large equipment rentals.
Pay Rate: -
Keywords: The Home Depot, Dallas , Sr. Field Rental Technician, Professions , Crandall, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!