Wealth Management Consultant II - Required: FINRA Series 7, 63
Company: Avantax Wealth Management--
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Blucora has a bold aspiration: we are committed to giving all
people the tools needed to lead healthy financial lives - tools
often reserved for the wealthy.
We now turn to the next leg, developing the technological tools
that make our vision of financial health for all a reality.
Atypical for the financial services industry, we take a
contemporary approach to strategy and product development that is
founded in user insights, rapid testing, and a singular focus on
driving end-user value.--
Since charting new territory daily is part of everyone's job at
Blucora, we've attracted team members who thrive on the challenge,
encourage each other, and are passionately committed to the goal.
If you agree that problem-solving is a team sport, and feel
energized by a good debate, deep-dive research, or a fun night out
with colleagues, we might be the right firm for you!
Avantax Wealth Management, a subsidiary of Blucora and sister
company to TaxAct is seeking a Wealth Management Consultant II that
will be responsible for collaborating with Avantax Advisors to
provide specific sales support, case planning, and solutions to
meet the end client's financial service needs. The WMC will also be
responsible for driving case implementations to achieve measurable
growth in the firm's AUM and revenues and will collaborate with
other Avantax teams to provide solutions in all facets of financial
planning and to assist advisors in the implementation of these
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To
perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to
execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Duties may include but not limited to:
- Connect and foster relationships with Advisors and Educational
Partners to drive revenue growth to the company and to our partner
- Help advisors in the growth of their business by analyzing
client cases and developing recommendations and investment
- Maintain working knowledge expertise on the products and
platforms offered by Avantax Wealth Management.
- Strong working knowledge of investments, insurance, annuities,
retirement plans, and full financial planning engagements.
Collaboration with internal teams
- Refer advisors to the appropriate Avantax Enterprise Growth
professionals for execution support.
- Follow up with internal team members to ensure that all advisor
requests and issues are promptly addressed, and interaction details
are properly tracked and shared internally.
- Monitor work to ensure compliance with goals and standards.
Leadership and teamwork
- Build strong relationships with teammates, business partners,
and specialists by fostering collaboration.
Education & Experience
- 5+ years in a wealth management role.
- FINRA 7 & 63 licenses required.
- CFP designation or similar preferred.
- Additional securities licenses and designations may be required
depending on the role.
- BS/BA in business, finance, economics, accounting, or related
- Expert in Microsoft Office; especially PowerPoint, Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to be an integral team member on
large-scale, complex projects.
- Highly energetic self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize alternative solutions, drive results, and
influence senior leaders in a cross-functional, diverse
- Ability to meet designated business and sales goals of assets,
revenue, profitability, and client satisfaction.
Physical Demand & Work Effort
- Keying/typing, standing, walking.
- Sitting for an extended period.
- Constant mental and/or visual attention; the work is either
repetitive or diversified requiring constant alertness in an office
- The job is typically performed under comfortable working
conditions; any disagreeable elements are generally absent during
the normal performance of the job.
- Compliance with company attendance standards.
Comprehensive Benefits---We offer a competitive salary, outstanding
benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, paid vacation and sick days, paid holidays, tuition
reimbursement, and 401(k) with company match.
At Blucora, we believe our work benefits from the diverse
perspectivesof our employees. As such, Blucora welcomes and
celebrates diversity andinclusion and is committed to equal
opportunity employment. At Blucora, you canexpect a supportive,
open, and inclusive atmosphere and a team that values
yourcontributions.--Blucora, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Avantax
Wealth Management, Avantax Planning Partners (formerly HK Financial
Services), and TaxAct are committed to providing an environment of
mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available
to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and
any other status protected under federal or state law. Blucora
considers information gathered in the hiring process, including
information on this application,confidential, and only shares it on
a need-to-know basis or as required by law.
---If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you
may contact us at HR@Blucora.com or by calling 972-870-6000 to
speak with a member of the HR Talent Acquisition team.
Keywords: Avantax Wealth Management--, Dallas , Wealth Management Consultant II - Required: FINRA Series 7, 63, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!