Door Shop Material Handler
Company: Boise Cascade
Posted on: January 17, 2022
Boise Cascade has been in the business of manufacturing wood
products and distributing building materials for over half a
century. Today we're one of the largest manufacturers of plywood
and engineered wood products in North America - and the only
wholesale stocking distributor for building products that can
service the entire United States. Because our business is built on
relationships, our associates are critical to our success. And
we're committed to investing in them. That's why we offer a
comprehensive benefits package designed to have a positive impact
on all areas of your life - from health and well-being, career and
community, to financial security and personal safety, with many
benefits beginning on your first day of employment. We call it,
Total Rewards. Here's a snapshot of what we offer:
* We care about your Health, Well-Being, and Future:
* Medical + Prescription, Dental + Vision
* Flexible Spending Account, Health Reimbursement Account,
* Life and Accidental Death Insurance, 401(k)/Roth Retirement Plan
Options with Employer Contributions
* Tuition Assistance, Employee Assistance Program
* We offer paid Time Away from Work:
* 8 Holidays, Personal/Vacations Days
* Disability Benefits, Parental Leave
* We Appreciate you:
* Competitive Base and Incentive Pay for all positions
* Service Recognition Program
* Professional development and career progression opportunities
Job Summary - Primary Function
* Perform daily distribution yard activities for a facility.
* Perform distribution-related functions (receiving, storing, and
shipping / building of loads).
* Operate forklift.
* Ensure load matches order prior of vehicle exiting yard.
* Perform customer service activities.
* Incumbents have broad in-depth knowledge of building material
products and warehouse operations.
* Possess mental alertness and adaptation to warehouse
* Understand and apply fundamental mathematical calculations
(addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division).
* Maintain good housekeeping in work area.
* Follow safety programs and ensure compliance of OSHA
* Demonstrate strong commitment to safety, quality, environmental
awareness, and continuous process improvement.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Basic Qualifications: HS Diploma, GED, or 2 years' equivalent work
experience. Working Conditions are in a warehouse operations
environment with considerable physical exertion. Will perform
duties in all weather conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: Knowledge of building material products
and engineered wood products a plus. Ability to understand and
measure lengths of material required. General warehouse experience,
including industrial forklift operation, and/or knowledge of
warehouse work environment preferred.
Competencies: Building Customer Loyalty, Collaborating,
Communication, Decision Making, Energy, Initiating Action, Safety
Focus, Work Standards, Valuing Differences.
Keywords: Boise Cascade, Dallas , Door Shop Material Handler, Professions , Lancaster, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!