Company: ABF Freight
Posted on: January 16, 2022
ABF Freight?is a logistics company with creative problem solvers
who deliver integrated solutions for complex supply chain
Wanting to join the?ABF Freight?family? In our search for top
talent, we are looking for those that will further enable us to
deliver on our vision and fully support our values-driven
Currently, we are looking for a?Supervisor, Linehaul?to join
the?ABF Freight?team.?The Supervisor, Linehaul demonstrates
excellent problem solving and customer service skills to ensure
linehaul operations work is performed according to approved Company
procedures, standards, and specification. This position supervises
all activities of linehaul for their domicile including, but not
limited to, developing and executing linehaul plans, calling and
assigning drivers, overseeing arriving and departing drivers and
supporting personnel engaged in hostling activities
Your contribution may include:
* Plan, supervise, and utilize available drivers, loads and
* Develop, maintain, and execute appropriate linehaul plans.
* Provide direct supervision of drivers.
* Coordinate work assignments and monitor performances, including
contacting drivers for assignment.
* Ensure drivers arrive and depart as assigned.
* Update data entries and other reporting and systems to ensure
accurate load and driver statuses.
* Provide training, performance feedback, and disciplinary actions,
* Provide a clean, safe working environment for all personnel and
visiting drivers and customers.
* Foster a culture of safety and ensure compliance with applicable
DOT, OSHA, and other related requirements.
* Maintain a positive attitude in a highly intense environment.
* Work in a team setting to accomplish department and Company
* Other duties and projects, as assigned.
As a?Supervisor, Linehaul, you will be a member of the?ABF Freight
Linehaul Operations?team in?Fort Smith, AR.?Your hours will be
Monday through Friday,?8:00am?to?5:00pm, with irregular hours that
may occur depending on work load.
Ready to apply? Before doing so, please make sure you meet the
Education: Bachelor's degree, preferred. Experience will be
considered in lieu of formal education.
Experience: Prior transportation or other relevant freight
experience, preferred. Prior supervisory experience,
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to
learn new systems quickly.
Other Requirements: Knowledge of transit time requirements, labor
contracts, DOT requirements, and safety requirements. Ability to
interact with, supervise, and discipline drivers. In-office
attendance at assigned domicile.
If you require accommodation in the application process, please
Keywords: ABF Freight, Dallas , Supervisor, Linehaul, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!