Business Analyst II - Analytics, Southwestern Health Resources, SWHR
Company: Southwestern Health Resources
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Business Analyst II Analytics Department Sign-on Bonus: 5% Base
Rate (for eligible external candidates) Southwestern Health
Resources, a national leader in population health, is looking for a
qualified -Business Analyst II to join our Analytics team. If
you're looking for a rewarding career at a patient-centered
organization with work-life balance and comprehensive benefits, we
want to hear from you. Position Highlights Work location: -
Southwestern Health Resources Headquarters, 1601/1603 Lyndon B.
Johnson Freeway, Farmers Branch, TX 75234. Work environment: -
-Analytics Department. Please note: -The -Business Analyst II will
be an employee of Southwestern Health Resources (SWHR). - -SWHR is
a clinically integrated network formed by Texas Health Resources
(THR) and University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (UTSW). -
Work hours: -
- Full-time, 40 hours per week.
- Monday - Friday, Day shift.
- This is a Hybrid position, requiring onsite workdays during the
week, based on department business needs.
- May require in-person attendance as needed, to department
meetings, trainings and/or other department authorized activities,
at the above-mentioned address or other locations as directed by
the department management. Sign-on Bonus: 5% of base rate for
eligible external candidates upon hire, with a one-year retention
agreement. Southwestern Health Resources (SWHR) -is -a
patient-centered clinically integrated network of 29 hospital
locations and more than 5,500 -physicians and other clinicians.
Formed by -Texas Health Resources and University of Texas
Southwestern Medical Center, two of the region's leading healthcare
systems, SWHR -delivers nationally preeminent, highest-quality care
in 16 counties across North Texas. The SWHR Network includes
physicians from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and
Texas Health Resources, as well as more than 2500 independent
community Primary and Specialty Care Physicians. In partnership,
our team implements physician-driven, value-based care strategies
to coordinate care for more than 700,000 patients, across 16
counties in North Texas, resulting in lower costs and high-quality
care. - In 2020, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
released the annual financial and quality results. - Based on the
report, SWHR is one of the nation's leading Next Generation
Accountable Care Organizations (ACO), having saved nearly $120
million since joining the program in 2017. - SWHR is the parent
organization of Care N' Care Insurance Co., a leading regional
Medicare Advantage health plan organization that serves
approximately 17,000 patients in North Texas. Education
- Require Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Business
Administration, Health Care Informatics, or related field.
- Require 5 years of experience in Data Analysis.
- Prefer 2 years' experience in Healthcare Business Intelligence
using SQL and SSRS as the report tool.
- Require working knowledge of MS Office Applications.
- Prefer working knowledge of Process Improvement Methods,
Statistical Process Control Techniques and Database Applications.
- Prefer familiarity with Data Warehouse, Healthcare Claims Data.
Skills & Abilities
- Familiarity with health care claims data is a must.
- Experience in documenting business and technical requirements
for healthcare quality and financial reporting.
- Skills and knowledge in performing data analysis to
troubleshoot data quality issues.
- Strong follow-through skills.
- Must be able to apply initiative in carrying out assigned
- Must also have strong analytic and problem-solving skills as
well as strong time-management skills.
- Must also have excellent verbal and written communication, and
- Knowledge of health care business processes and terminology is
- Strong skills in data warehousing process design and
development using the SSIS data warehousing tool suite
- Knowledge of data warehousing methodologies and best
- Effective interpersonal relations skills, ability to
effectively collaborate with others and work as part of a
- Ability to initiate and follow through on assignments.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently, research and resolve questions
and problems. Position Responsibilities The Business Intelligence
Business Analyst II will coordinate and actively contribute to the
business intelligence projects throughout the development life
cycle from initial requirement analysis/documentation, prototyping,
design, and development all the way through to implementation,
Quality Assurance and user acceptance. BI Business Analyst II will
serve as a liaison between your team and other technical and
functional teams to document requirements develop and deliver
analytical outputs. You would need to have strong quantitative
analytical skills, with a balanced interest in data manipulation
and business. Position Functions
- Develop, maintain, and standardize reports and processes
through the use of scripts, stored procedures and packages.
- Use systems and templates to document technical specs detailing
the methodology, procedures, outcomes, and observations as part of
the data processing and analytical steps in the projects.
- Meet with functional teams to help them frame their business
- Assess complexity of tasks and projects and develop timeline
and scope documents.
- Provide stakeholders with regular written status updates on the
progress of analytical requests using the available tools.
- Evaluate healthcare clinical and financial data for trends,
utilization, outliers and organizational standards.
- Define and implement performance metrics as part of outcome
measurement to address clinical and financial concerns.
- Direct in-depth analysis of clinical and financial outcomes in
order to evaluate and develop process improvement initiatives.
- Perform the appropriate data analysis to validate the technical
- Plan and implement steps required for data quality
- Manage user acceptance testing. Why Southwestern Health
Resources - As a Southwestern Health Resources employee, you'll
enjoy, comprehensive benefits, including a 401(k) with match; paid
time off; competitive health insurance choices; healthcare and
dependent care spending account options; wellness programs to keep
you and your family healthy; tuition reimbursement; a student loan
repayment program; and more. Additional perks of being an SWHR
- Gain a sense of accomplishment by contributing to a teamwork
- Positively impact patients' quality of life.
- Receive excellent mentorship, comprehensive training and
dedicated clinical and administrative leadership resources.
- Enjoy opportunities for growth. Explore -Southwestern Health
Resources Careers -for more information and to search all career
opportunities. Our Recruitment team invites you to contact us with
any questions at - Additional Information
- Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
- Shift: Day Job
- Schedule: Full-time
Keywords: Southwestern Health Resources, Dallas , Business Analyst II - Analytics, Southwestern Health Resources, SWHR, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!