Senior Electrical Engineer - Data Center Team
Company: Harley Ellis Devereaux
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job DescriptionPRIMARY FUNCTION Primary responsibilities include
providing for the design and technical systems for large, complex
projects from schematics through construction
- Responsible for building system concepts and documentation
process from schematics through construction administration phases
within the discipline.
- It is expected that the Electrical Engineer in regular
coordination with Supervisor in project development and
- Electrical Engineer shall have a proficient knowledge of
primary sectors of design including:
- Power Distribution
- Lighting and Controls
- Fire Alarm
- Specification writing and editing.
- Energy conservation and sustainability/report technical
- Function as Project Discipline Team Leader on large, complex
projects when assigned.
- Responsible for directing and overseeing project team members
within their own discipline. Level 4 is responsible for monitoring
and executing team compliance with project budget.
- Prepare and monitor project status reports.
- Coordinate with Electrical Engineering Discipline Leader in
preparing project Man-hour Estimates.
- Prepare and document required code research for project.
- Participate in the development of the project cost model and
design to it.
- Develop and maintain Electrical Basis of Design Journal
throughout the life of the project.
- Conduct material and product research as required for project
- Attend project meetings as necessary.
- Interface with other Project Discipline Team Leaders.
- Respond to client questions/requests within 24 hours.
- Document interpretation and submittal reviews during bidding
and construction administration.
- Monitor and mentor staff to produce quality architectural and
engineering services within a project team concept.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor. TYPICAL
DUTIES - NON-PROJECT RELATED
- Mentor support engineers to help prepare them for greater
- Provide regular feedback to the Electrical Engineering
Discipline Leader on performance of support engineers.
- Identify opportunities to improve quality and services, and
participate in the implementation.
- Participate in in-house training activities.
- Participate in related professional organizations and
- Contribute to department discussions on field feedback, lessons
learned, new technology or developments encountered.
- Offer recognition to those staff members observed doing
excellent work and/or things beyond their job expectations. SKILL,
KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience working on mission critical/data center
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and PE licensure
- LEED Accredited preferred.
- Minimum six years' experience in A/E industry preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of professional services
from schematic design through project close-out, including design
and technical expertise.
- A comprehensive understanding of the coordination aspects and
related requirements of all design disciplines.
- Proficiency in short circuit and selective coordination
calculation. Utilization of EDSA, SKM or other analytical modeling
- Excellent written/ verbal communication and strong
- Possess the ability to motivate and mentor staff, and delegate
- Computer and CADD/Revit literate.
- Very detail-oriented, self-motivated, enthusiastic and
- Ability to work well with others under deadline situations.
- Capable of traveling to and from project sites for attending
client, project and construction meetings.
- Ability to access existing and new project sites for
observation, investigation and evaluation purposes.
- Ability to use equipment for communication and documentation
- Visual acuity to perform responsibilities.#LI-JK1
Keywords: Harley Ellis Devereaux, Dallas , Senior Electrical Engineer - Data Center Team, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!