Material Handler I Yard
Company: Builders FirstSource
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Material Handler I YardDuncanville TX Millwork - 1022 N
Duncanville Rd (75116), 1022 N Duncanville Rd, Duncanville, Texas,
United States of AmericaReq #29721Wednesday, September 7,
2022PURPOSEUnder direct supervision handles and maintains the flow
of materials and products on the premises according to established
guidelines.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Physically handles materials used to construct components and
finished products to ensure movement of such items is optimized;
lifts, carries, stacks items as needed.
- Operates motorized and non-motorized material handling
equipment, some of which may require specialized training.
- Responds attentively to training from foreman or more senior
handlers in order to increase own knowledge of work processes.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in
order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic
safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve
- Other duties may be assigned.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESThis
job has no supervisory responsibilities.MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSTo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required.High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
This is an entry level position where incumbent will receive
- Knowledge of and ability to use motorized and non-motorized
material handling equipment
- Manual dexterity
- Knowledge of safety procedures while performing materials
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructionsWORK
ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL ACTIVITYThe physical demands described here
are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed within a production environment, subject to
temperature variations, hazardous chemicals, mechanical parts,
increased noise levels and dust.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds frequently and
on occasion up to 80 pounds.
- May be required to perform specific tasks that involve
climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.Builders FirstSource is an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran
status or status as an individual with a disability.In compliance
with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and
would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a
position with Builders FirstSource, please call (214) 765-3990 or
email: ADA.Accommodation@bldr.com . Please do not send resumes to
this email address - it is intended only to be used to request an
accommodation in submitting an application for a job
THE LAW - English/SpanishEEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT -
English/SpanishPay Transparency Provision - English/SpanishOther
- Job FamilyPROMFG
- Pay TypeHourlyApply Now
- Duncanville TX Millwork - 1022 N Duncanville Rd (75116), 1022 N
Duncanville Rd, Duncanville, Texas, United States of America
Keywords: Builders FirstSource, Dallas , Material Handler I Yard, Professions , Duncanville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!