Company: Dallas Zoo Management
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Description JOB SUMMARYResponsible for performing highly complex
construction and maintenance work under limited supervision.
Perform repair, and maintenance of electrical systems and
facilities while adhering to required codes, ordinances and
specifications. Work includes obtaining bids from contractors and
reviewing their work, estimating materials, managing supplies and
hours required to compete tasks assigned. The Master Electrician
will work a Monday to Friday schedule.SPECIFIC DUTIES AND
- Serves as the licensed electrician on-site at construction,
remodeling and maintenance projects.
- Regularly inspects and monitors the condition of electrical
equipment to ensure optimum safety and operational status.
- Installs, repairs or maintains current electrical equipment and
monitors the condition of electrical equipment; may troubleshoot
malfunctions to determine necessary repairs.
- Follows recommended maintenance schedule for cleaning and
lubricating equipment and maintains records on equipment status and
- Plans electrical systems additions and modifications on high
voltage systems and/or components.
- Coordinates with external contractors on electrical portions of
design, development and construction.
- Reviews blueprints and schematics and determines methods,
materials, and equipment needed to complete assignments.
- Works with electrical systems such as GFCIs/GFIs, lighting,
electric vehicle charging stations, mechanical equipment, and
- Determines whether equipment and new installations meet
requirements of the National Electrical Code (NEC).
- Connects wires to plugs, switches, controls, light fixtures,
traffic controls, appliances, motors, breaker panels and
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from wire leads,
twisting, clamping, and/or soldering leads together and applying
insulating terminal caps using a variety of hand tools, test
equipment, and service manuals.
- Tests installations to ensure continuity of the circuit, and
the compatibility and safety of all components using test equipment
such as an ohmmeter, ampmeter, voltmeter, or oscilloscope.
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles, and installs
electrical conduit, junction boxes, switches, outlet boxes, and
switchboards using hand tools and such special equipment as
mechanical drills, cutters, benders, and threaders.
- Installs and repairs light fixtures, electrical controls,
motors, and appliances using hand tools and electric drills.
- Cleans and maintains tools and performs routine maintenance on
- Performs lighting requirements for Special Events.
- Complete circuits according to diagram specifications and code
- Diagnose issues with normal and high voltage equipment.
- Perform shop maintenance and inventory organization.
- Assist other trades and departments as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.REQUIREMENTS AND
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have a valid Texas Master Electrician's License.
- 2+ years of experience in commercial/residential environments
as a master electrician.
- Ability to read and install electrical components from prints
and design and modify existing systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to diagnose, trouble shoot and resolve electrical
- Proficient use with hand and power tools.
- Ability to operate a trencher, back hoe, and various other
pieces of heavy equipment a plus.
- Must be able to walk, stand, kneel, push, pull, stoop, crawl,
twist, reach overhead, grasp, bend, climb stairs and ladders, work
from elevated heights, and lift 50+ pounds.
- Must be able to work nights, holidays and weekends as
- Must be able to actively work in inclement weather, such as
heat, cold, rain, ice, and snow as needed.
- Knowledgeable of local electrical codes.Successful candidates
must complete pre-employment drug screening, background check and
Keywords: Dallas Zoo Management, Dallas , Master Electrician, Professions , Dallas, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!